Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Legate

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Avril

Avril Report 14 Mar 2003 20:23

I am trying to find my father, Albert Berriman who grew up in Wells Park Road, Sydenham & then was last known in Crawthew Grove, East Dulwich. He was my mother Carole Legate's boyfriend in 1959 which is when I was conceived, and I was born in February 1960-he only saw me once, in Choumert Road which is where my mother was then living. At that time he was living with his parents in Wells Park Road, right opposite the park, in the flats facing. I learned later that he went on to marry and have a son and daughter. His daughter at some point worked in Woolworths in Rye Lane, Peckham, but I have no further information. My mother last saw him around 1997 at a boot sale when they spoke briefly but she failed to give me/him a phone number. I would really like to locate him as I have never known him and want to see him, and I would like my own children to know their grandfather. Any information would be very greatly appreciated-My mother Carole Legate passed away in 1999.