Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Coombs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tracey

Tracey Report 16 Mar 2003 03:45

I know this sounds like a lot, but this is ALL I have. I am trying to trace my maternal great gandfather's family. His name was William Coombs and he was born in the first quarter of 1891. He married a Caroline Norris and they had one child Caroline (b.10/10/1913). William went to war with the London Regiment and died of wounds from the war (d.2/2/1915). His widow Caroline and her baby daughter Caroline lived at 223 Lewis Trust Building, Fulham. His memorial at CWGC states that he was the son of A. Coombs of Fulham but that is where the info. stops. Caroline remarried after the war, actually to his cousin William Barker, and had three other children, William, Ivy and Albert Barker. I'm sure that someone somewhere knows something, I just hope that they read this!! Help! Nov.6, 2005. WELL, HERE WE ARE A COUPLE OF YEARS LATER and I have more info still looking for more though! A. Coombs of Fulham is Alfred Coombs, born c1866. His father is Richard Coombs but no record anywhere of the mother. Richard was born in Shoreditch in 1850 and no record this time of the father, except the last name Coombs because he was already dead in 1851 and I don't have access to 1841 yet. Does anyone have a moment to help? I am guestimating that Mary and Mr. Coombs married 1835/6 because the first child according to 1851 census was born 1837, her name was Elizabeth.