Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Marshall

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mavis

Mavis Report 23 Mar 2003 10:21

MAVIS WOOD I wish to find more about my paternal grandfather William Marshall he married Mary Dixon at Christ Church Wakefield on April 13th 1889 he was 21 years old and from Low Ackworth Pontefract and she was22 years old from Thornes Lane Wakefield his father from the marriage certificate was William Marshall he and Mary had 10 children, Sarah went to Canada and then to Australia and married someone called Hicks, Annie, Harold,Lily Maude,Edith,Ephraim and Nora, 3 died in Infancy they lived around Brighouse and Halifax Yorks. he went to manage a farm in Sherburn in Elmet Yorks until his death approx 1930-32 he may have had another son after Mary died,I have tried everywhere but I cannot find his birth,has anyone any ideas