Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Dainton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 25 Apr 2003 15:46

Looking for the mother of Bryan Henry Dainton, born 1943.

Robert

Robert Report 28 Oct 2007 22:38

Ethel Violet House - Mother
Walter Henry Dainton - Father

Melissa

Melissa Report 3 Dec 2013 21:40

Looking for relatives of Bryan Henry Dainton born 27 jan 1943

Mike *

Mike * Report 3 Dec 2013 22:23

Have you got his death cert to see who registerd it?

Bryan Henry Dainton
Birth Date:27 Jan 1943
Date of Registration:May 1996
Age at Death:53
Registration District:Andover
Inferred County:Hampshire
Register Number:27A
District and Subdistrict:4901

greyghost

greyghost Report 3 Dec 2013 22:25

Are you trying to work forwards or backwards?

Use the following free website. It works from Q3 1911 to approx 1950's at present but will gradually move forwards as it is an ongoing project
http://www.freebmd.org.uk

You should find Bryan's birth in 1943 and that of a later sibling to parents - Dainton/mmn House (see Robert's 2007 reply).
Then work back to find the Dainton/House marriage (1940 Cirencester), their births(1915/1919) where mmn will be shown. eg Ethel V House b 1919 mmn Pritchard. You can then check for siblings and come forwards again for the sibling marriages. Backwards again for the Dainton and House parents and their marriages etc (eg. House/Pritchard 1915) by which time you should hopefully be able to pick the various families up on the 1911 census. Then use a combination of freebmd and census to work furhter back. It's always good to get certificates to confirm your hopefully correct findings.

Also use "search" top right hand side of the info bar on this page, the "search all Trees" to see if anyone else is researching the family who you can then contact via GR

patchem

patchem Report 3 Dec 2013 23:15

Welcome to the boards, Melissa.

You have added to a thread that is 10 years old.

But it does not matter as you have been given sensible advice above.

Could you say how you are related to him, and where you have already looked for relatives?

Thank-you

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Dec 2013 10:17

The death may have been registered by a relative......details will be on the cert.

How much research have you managed to do yourself?

Melissa

Melissa Report 4 Dec 2013 17:04

Ethel Violet Dainton is my Grandma!! She died in 2011. Bryan's sister is my mum.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Dec 2013 18:17

So who are you hoping to contact?

Didn't any of his relations attend your grandmother's funeral?

EDIT

Bryan seems to have married twice............in very diverse locations

No apparent offspring from either union

greyghost

greyghost Report 4 Dec 2013 18:31

??????
Taking a punt that the Linda in the OP could be Bryan's second wife and Melissa is daughter of her Mum's first husband. Mum's two marriages also took place in diverse locations but each first and second marriage are in similar locations

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Dec 2013 18:38

Melissa states that she is Bryan's NIECE

Melissa

Melissa Report 4 Dec 2013 22:36

Yes I am most def Bryan's niece. He had no contact with his family, his mum/dad, sister etc from 1979. No one knew where he went hence no one knew we existed! Bryan did know me for a short while, I was 18mths ish when he left.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Dec 2013 08:49

So what are you looking for, Melissa?

And have you noted the info posted on here for you?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Dec 2013 09:06

You could try to contact Linda, by clicking on her name.

There are zero posts against her details, but there is a slight chance that her e-mail address may still be registered with GR.

Nothing lost by trying..........................

Melissa

Melissa Report 5 Dec 2013 19:28

I have contacted Linda, thank you!! No which two other trees have Bryan in? How do I find them?
My mum married only once and is still married to my Dad. We think Bryan married twice... My mum was bridesmaid at his first wedding to Pauline Dyer

patchem

patchem Report 5 Dec 2013 20:34

Go to Search/Search All Member Trees (top right) and enter his details, to find him in other people's trees.

Melissa

Melissa Report 5 Dec 2013 22:10

Thank you I will try that :)