Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find O'Neill

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 4 Mar 2004 22:15

I AM TRYING TO FIND MRS SYLVIA RUTH O'NEILL MAIDEN NAME WAS RICKARD LAST KNOWN ADDRESS WAS ROTHERHITHE, BERMONDSEY SE16 (1958) WAS MARRIED TO EDWARD WILLIAM O'NEILL THEY HAD 3 SONS STEVEN AND TWINS DAVID AND PETER BORN (1958) FATHER WAS BORN (1931) IN PLYMOUTH CONTACT DAVID O'NEILL .NEVER HAD THE CHANCE TO MEET HER. IS MY REAL MOTHER.WOULD LOVE TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HER AND WHETHER SHE HAS GOT ANY MORE CHILDREN. ANY INFO AT ALL WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. sTILL GOT MY FINGERS CROSSED THAT I MIGHT MEET HER FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 47 YEARS. PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN.

Kevin

Kevin Report 22 Mar 2015 21:55

Hi I was born some 5 years after you, but was fostered/adopted at 2 months old, and have just traced Sylvia as my mother (and just found out about her 3 previous sons, which makes you my half brother I guess!) My father isnt same as yours though and had disappeared either before or after I was born - so no idea if any further children after me...

greyghost

greyghost Report 22 Mar 2015 22:14

Hi Kevin and welcome to the boards.

David posted his request 11 years ago and by now may no longer be a member of GR.

You can try clicking on his name and sending a Personal message to him - if he still has the same email address as when he registered with GR they will forward it to him.

You can also try the Search facility - top right of this page. Click on that and then Search all members trees. Input what details you know to see if anyone is researching the same names and you can try to contact them. Don't use the automatic "please open your tree" message, but write one in yourself, explaining the relationship and hope to get a reply.

If you would like help yourself, try posting a request on the Find Living Relatives Board. Good hunting.