Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Thistlethwaite

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 6 Apr 2004 08:10

I am searching for relatives of my Great-Grandmother Alice Rose Thistlethwaite, born 1845 in Bellerby, Yorkshire. She married John Mitchell of Halifax, and had a son Arthur A. Thistlethwaite, daughters Mary A. Mitchell, Lily Mitchell, John F. Mitchell (my Grandfather), Charles Everard Mitchell, and Charles H. Holdyard. Arthur Thistlethwaite was also born in Bellerby, the rest were born in Halifax/Wakefield. In 1881 they were living at 21 Helm St, Skircoat, Yorkshire. Alice was 94 when she died, c1939, and was the oldest lady in Halifax at the time, getting her in the local newspaper. Her son Charles Everard was a local councillor, author and astrologer for the Halifax Courier. I would be grateful if anyone has Alice Rose in their distant family, as I don't have any more information to go on. Thanks. Julie

Catherine

Catherine Report 28 Oct 2015 10:25

Hi Julie

I've sent this a few times now (I think) as I wasn't logged in to ancestry I don't think.

Anyway, I stumbled upon your post from 2004 whilst googling something else and I have information I think you will be interested in!

Let me know if you get this/are still contactable.

Regards

Catherine

greyghost

greyghost Report 28 Oct 2015 10:37

Hi Catherine and welcome to the boards. You've noticed that Julie posted over 11 years ago. She only has 2 posts to her name and even if still a Genes member is unlikely to be checking back to her posting.

Try clicking on her name and that will give you the opportunity to send her a Personal Message (PM). Genes will be able to notify her there is a message IF she still has the same email address that she registered with them.

If the message gets through you can only hope that she opens it and answers you - neither is a certainty for any number roof reasons!