Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find O'Gara

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 30 Apr 2004 14:07

I am looking for any one related to my wifes great granparents they were ambrose and elizabeth o'gara, they had a son francis o'gara who married sarah ellen finn indec 1913 they were both 20 years old,francis joined the manchester regt 11th battalion and was killed in egypt on30/10/1915 aged 22 years old,they lived on bedford st manchester which is where my father there son james edward francis o,gara was born in1914,i don't know if ambrose and elizabeth had any other children if they did that would make them mygreatuncles and aunts, i would be gratefull to hear from any one who can help.

Catkin

Catkin Report 3 Jul 2016 16:42

Ambrose and Elizabeth had two daughters, Ellen (or Ellin) and Mary. Ellin didn't marry or have children, she died in the nineteen eightys. Mary married Francis Atkin and they had ten children, 4 sons and 6 daughters, not all survived to adulthood.

Your post is a bit confusing - are Ambrose and Eliza your great grand parents or your wife's?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 3 Jul 2016 16:59

Catkin

The OP (opening post) is 12 years old!!!!!!!!! John made no more posts.

If you want to contact him try sending him a PM by clicking on his name and hoping he still has the same email address.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 3 Jul 2016 21:12

Catkin ...

Welcome to the site

You can try contacting John through the messaging system ..... but his profile shows 0 posts, which indicates that he has removed himself from the site (otherwise it show at least 1 post, ie the OP of this thread).

To send him a message,

hold your mouse over his photo, and a drop box appears, click on Snd Message

Write your message, click Submit

GR will then send your pm (private message) to the email address they have on file.

Watch your Sent Messages to see if John sees the message

Click on Messages at the top right

Click on Sent Messages

A green envelope to the left of a contact's name means that the message has not been opened

No envelope means that the message has been opened, and you can only hope that you will get a reply.

Good luck!