Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Curtis

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Adele

Adele Report 28 Aug 2004 20:36

Trying to find information or living relatives. My dads name is ALFRED CURTIS born in MALTA 1940. Adopted at the age of 7yrs after parents left him in Malta, promising to return for him. Malta was bombed every day, continually for 4yrs, they may have been told he died. He is very much alive, nearly 65 and desperate for information. He came to the UK to find them, settled in Glasgow and has grown children & grandchildren. ANY INFORMATION ON His parents are THOMAS YOUNG CURTIS born 1908 He was in the NAVY DURING WORLD WAR 2. Mothers name given as DAISY OLIVE SUTTON born 1915. We believe she grew up in Chatham. She was married to Thomas Young Curtis but gave the fathers name as William John Curtis. Everything treated in a caring & sensative manner. Many thanks Adele Curtis

Ann

Ann Report 29 Sep 2014 07:02

Thomas Young Curtis was my fathers uncle! William John Curtis was my great grandfather.

patchem

patchem Report 29 Sep 2014 07:13

Welcome to the boards, Ann.

Adele posted this 10 years ago, and may no longer be a member of genes.

You could click on her name to try and send her a message, and if she has the same email address she will be notified by genes of your message (she is not notified that you have posted on here).