Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Duggan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Happy

Happy Report 14 Oct 2004 02:53

Hello all, I'm trying to find the location of birth of a Sarah (?Ann) Duggan (?Dugan) who I believe was born in Donegal Ireland in 1843. She emigrated to australia, married a Thomas Atherton, had kids etc and died November 1936 in NSW. Her death cert states that her father's name was Charles. Does anyone know this family or have any suggestions for finding out more from australia without running up my credit card too much?? Much appreciated, Alison

Lana

Lana Report 23 Jan 2008 21:58

Hi Alison,

Did Sarah go to NSW?
There is a record of Thomas Atherton marrying Sarah Dugan in 1863 in the District of Macleay River.
Could this be her?

Reg number: 2114/1863

For New South Wales Births, Deaths and Marriages with some historical Family History records for free, you can go here: http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au

Cassandra

Cassandra Report 5 Feb 2014 09:23

Hi! Just wanted to tell you (if you haven't found the record since you posted this), that according to her immigration record, Sarah Ann Duggan was born in Gweedore, Donegal, to Hugh and Bridget Duggan. When she arrived (1859), her father was deceased, whilst her mother remained in Gweedore. I've also discovered her maiden name to be O'Donnell. I'm not sure if you're aware, but she was known as 'Granny Atherton' around Bellingen, NSW, and if you ever have the opportunity to drop by the Bellingen Museum they have some wonderful resources.

Good luck,
Cassandra

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Feb 2014 09:49

Cassandra

The OP has never returned to this 10-year-old thread

If you think she may still have the same e-mail registered with GR, click on her name, and send a message

And, please......always look at posting history before adding to threads