Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Blow

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Valerie

Valerie Report 13 Nov 2004 16:42

Valerie Knight - I have now found my great-great grandfather Alfred Blow. He was a Coachbuilder with the railway in Saltley, Birmingham then Wolverton Northants. He was born in Welwyn, Herts in 1830. Alfred's father was Thomas Blow b.1806 in Welwyn and his grandfather also Thomas was born in Welwyn in 1783. Thomas b.1806 had brothers William, Charles, Henry, James and George and sisters Ann and Charlotte all born in Welwyn. Any descendants out there! Alfred's son Albert Edward was born in Birmingham Warwicks in 1858 and by 1901 was a Coach Body Builder with the Railway and lived in Derby where my grandfather Joseph Alfred was born. Joseph had brothers Charles Wilfred; George Edwin and sister Margaret A. Margaret married Ernest Pim(m). Any connections out there?

Gloria

Gloria Report 5 Oct 2008 21:09

Hi Valerie, I have Blow family that were also from Welwyn, my relative is George Blow b. 1822, He married Leyses (last name not known) George may be Thomas's b.1806 brother . Gloria

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Oct 2008 21:18

Gloria - don't know where you dug this up from but it's four years old!!! you could try sending a pm through GR

Diddydoris

Diddydoris Report 5 Oct 2008 21:18

Try clicking on her name to send a pm as this is a very old thread.

Michael

Michael Report 28 Feb 2014 20:25

I know it maybe of no interest to you but I have a relation John E H Davies 1934 married to a Jean P Blow 1936 , Wolverton, Bucks.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Feb 2014 21:32

very old posting Michael - read the responses above yours

An X