Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Love

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 4 Dec 2004 16:10

Trying to locate relatives of ALMA HANNAH LOVE, born c 1874, who married Ernest Alfred Chivers. She had cousins named Winnie, Lily, and Olga (Bunty). Only Olga married (Tyrell). Earlier known relative is JOHN LOVE, born 11th April 1805, baptized 16th October 1808 in St Saviour's, Southwark, London. He lived at 2 Montague Close, Southwark and was apprenticed as a Waterman and Lighterman for 7 years to JAMES PRUCE of Pepper Alley, beginning 3rd June 1819, being made free on 26th April 1827. His Waterman and Lighterman badge number is 6899 (in my possession). ALMA HANNAH LOVE'S father is believed to have been WILLIAM LOVE.

Paul

Paul Report 29 Sep 2014 07:20

Hello David,

Are you still trying to locate relatives of Alma Hannah Love? I am her great-grandson (born 1956) via her daughter Alma Audrey Chivers > Elliott (* 21 Oct 1901). Three of Alma A's four children (my aunt Madge and twin uncles Colin & Ken) are still alive, and Madge and Colin still in pretty good shape.

I think I only met Winnie, Lily and Bunty once - my family (we lived in Fetcham, Surrey, where I still am) went for lunch with them at their home in Epsom or Ewell.

I came across you trying to find out more about lighterman William ("Darky") Love, whom I too believe to be Alma H's father.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Paul Messerschmidt

Paul

Paul Report 29 Sep 2014 09:52

Thanks, brummie - yes, I did notice the date, but thought I had to give it a shot when I saw those various familiar family names! :-)

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 29 Sep 2014 10:13

Try contacting David by PM. Click on his name