Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Knowles

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

fussed1

fussed1 Report 8 Jun 2005 09:56

Hello, I am trying to find the Parents of Henry Herbert Knowles. He was born in Owaka, Otago, NZ The other children were: Adeline, Beatrice and Gertrude and another son, William Francis. Their father was Robert 'Thomas' Charles Knowles, born c1850 in Edinborough, or Bounterbuss? Kincardinshire, Scotland. His mother was Jane Elizabeth Barrier. Born Inglewood or Richmond Victoria. Her father was a 'Gentleman' named William. On one birth certificate of the children they were married in 1869 at Richmond, Victoria, but on the son's birth certificate it said they were married 18 February 1872 at Inglewood, Victoria. We have all hit a blank when trying to find Thomas and Jane in Australia. Can anyone help?

Bev

Bev Report 16 Sep 2015 11:09

I also have Robert Thomas Charles Knowles on my family tree, coming in from the McNutt side.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 16 Sep 2015 11:35

Bev

You have picked up a very old thread the poster only posted once so is unlikely to be a member now