Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Emmett

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eileen

Eileen Report 18 Aug 2005 13:41

Hi My Great Grandmother was Ann Emmett born c1847 at Low Moor, Bradford. Her Father's name was James Emmett and she had a brother John and sisters Lavinia and Isobel. She married Uriah Pickles on 27th February 1869 at The Parish Church, Bradford. They went on to have 11 children, 2 of whom died as infants. The others were Lavinia, Lydia, Eliza, Susannah, Harriet, Emily (my Grandmother), Amos, Willy and Evelyn. Can anyone help me to get further back and also sideways, please? Thanks Eileen Scotcher

Sandra

Sandra Report 1 Apr 2016 13:06

Hi Eileen, I have Emmitt s on my tree who from 1838 were based in Lincolnshire.
As this is a name that is sometimes spelled with ei or ee I wonder if we have a link.
My great gran was Harriet Emmett b 1878 as Harriet Clarke married to Frank Emmit b1875 He and his siblings were orphaned due to TB and ended up in Grimsby.
Let me know if this helps
Sandra.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 1 Apr 2016 13:16

Sandra - Eileen posted eleven years ago and won't be looking for a reply now - she never posted again

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Apr 2016 13:40

Sandra - you could try sending Eileen a message by clicking on her name. If she still has access to her linked email address, she'll be told you're trying to contact her.