Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Bryan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharon

Sharon Report 20 May 2006 19:28

Hi, I am trying to find descendants of GEORGE BRYANc.1842 in Dublin and JANE b.1856 in London, his wife. George originated from CASTLEKNOCK, Nr Dublin. They lived and brought up their children in CLERKENWELL, LONDON. They had a multitude of children, some of which died in childhood. The children I know of were Catherine born c.1873, Charles b.c.1880, Alfred, b.1882, Jane, b.1884, George, b.1886, Jone b 1889, Arthur b. 1890, James, b.1893, Amelia, b.1896, Jessica, b.1898 and Agnes, b.1900. Arthur Bryan was my grandfather. He and his brothers Charlie, Jim and Alf, served together in WWI and amazingly all survived. There were all injured however, and Alf lost a leg. After the war, Arthur joined the Metropolitan Police and served for 25 years at Tooting Police Station. He married Ethel Briggs from Suffolk. He has a son, Derek b.1926. George had a son named Patrick. Alfred married Queenie and had sons Alfred and Arthur. Charlie ended up in Australia at some point. He had a son called Harry Bryan. Amelia (Milly) married a man with the surname of Ethrington (or similar) and had a son and daughter. Son believed to have been named Paul. if anyone has any knowledge of any of this family, I would be very grateful for contact. Thanks.

Steven

Steven Report 18 Apr 2008 03:36

Hello, my grandfather was born Derek Briggs and 1926 would be about right. I don't know where he was born but he was in Nottingham area by the 1940s.

Sadly I know very little else. If anyone knows about him please get in touch

Valerie

Valerie Report 18 Apr 2008 13:24

Hi Sharon - I know a little of your 'Charlie' who came to 'Oz' -I followed him up thinking he was one of mine! I found someone on GR (I think) who he belonged to -so I sent her my 'file' on him. If you pm me I'll tell you more - if you're interested. Valerie (WA)

Maria

Maria Report 30 Jun 2016 21:15

Hello Sharon

Your post was 10 years ago but I will still reply to it anyway. I am the great granddaughter of James Bryan. He died in in the 1970's when I was about 8 years old and I can remember him well. His son was another James who was my mother's father. They lived in the Hackney and Islington area. I never heard my mother or grandfather talk of their uncles and aunts and as far as I am aware the different families did not stay in touch with each other. I have only managed to find out about the family as much as you seemed to have. Maria

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 30 Jun 2016 22:45

Welcome to the boards Maria.

As Sharon has zero posts to her name, she's probably not a member anymore.
You could send her a Personal Message (PM) by clicking on her name. If she is still using the same linked email address, and can access it, she'll be told you are trying to contact her. Even free members can reply.

Good luck!

Maria

Maria Report 1 Jul 2016 23:01

Thanks for your advise