Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Parmley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 19 Jun 2006 00:54

Hi l am looking for Henry Keenlyside (married as Henry Parmley) married 1875 Gateshead Mary Collins. children 1.Annie 1876,2.Mary Jane 1878,3.Joseph 1882,4.Elizabeth 1884,5.Margaret1888,6. Thomas 1890,7.Ellen Selina 1894,8.Henry 1896.All born Heworth. John Parmley married 1882 Gateshead Rebecca Long or Hannah Maria. children 1.Robert 1883,2.John 1885,3.Elizabeth. Robert and John born Gateshead and Elizabeth born South Shields Joseph Parmley married 1893 Hexham Hannah Dunn children 1.Emily 1894,2.Mary Alice 1895,3.Margaret Jane 1899,4.Ernest Robert 1900 married 1931 Preston, Eleanor Whiteside Robert and eleanor had a son Derek G Parmley b1934 Glossop from Margaret Mitchell

Joan

Joan Report 24 Sep 2013 13:12

Henry Keenlyside born 1850 to Jane Keenlyside of Alston, Cumberland. He was born out of wedlock... but his mother married Robert Parmley of Garrigill, Alston. He appears on 1851 census age 11 months and on 1861 census as stepson age 10 years.

I have visited the Garrigill area as my family were Parmleys. Robert was the brother of my 3 x gt grandfather, Milburn Parmley. The family were all Lead miners in the area and re located to Newcastle upon tyne in the late1870's I believe.
Any more info you need I may be able to help with. I also have photo's of the area round Garrigill....... wild and beautiful. Best Wishes Joan

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Sep 2013 13:17

Joan

Take note of the posting date......and the fact that Margaret has not returned.

If you think her e-mail may still be the same as over seven years ago, click on her name, and send a message