Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Ord

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kerry

Kerry Report 8 Aug 2006 20:54

Looking for information on Ord families in the Hexham area of Northumberland. I'm particularly interested in any information about the descendants of Richard Ord b. 1818 and Mary Snowball b.1819. Their children were William b 1844, Mary b.1845, Thomas b.1852 and Sarah b.1855 I have a very old photo, possibly taken between 1900-10, which says Uncle Tom - Hexham on the back. I think it could be the Thomas b.1852 above, and would love to find out for certain. Thanks everyone

John

John Report 20 Oct 2008 11:51

Hi Kerry,
I have only just seen your message (8th August 2006).
I don't know whether this is of any help, but I do have three Ords on my maternal tree with Hexham origins, but they are further back to your enquiry
My first is Barbara Ord c1630-1720 the second wife of my 9x GGF William Errington c1618-1668.
The next is Dorcas Ord c1663-1736 my 7 x GGM married to Thomas Errington1771-1737.
The last is Mary Ord c1728 my 5 x GGM married to John Errington 1731.
Hope that this is of use to you.
Kind regard,
john Lodge

Diddydoris

Diddydoris Report 20 Oct 2008 11:52

Try clicking on her name and sending a pm, she might not check her threads.

William

William Report 3 Oct 2015 14:40

Hello Kerry
Hope you are still interested in Ord family history. Richard and Mary Ord are my great great grandparents and Thomas is my great grandfather. I have a photo too and would like to get in touch.
Deborah Smailes nee Ord

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 Oct 2015 14:47

Deborah as it is 9 years since Kerry posted and there are 0 posts under her name it is unlikely she is still on the site, but you could try clicking on her name to send a message, if she still has the same email address she will receive notification.