Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Angela Kennedy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 17 Feb 2003 23:49

Trying to trace any member of my mother's family,the Browns, formerly of Craigmillar Road, Edinburgh. My mother's name on my Birth Certificate was "Margaret Brown or McGlynn". Sadly she died in 1963 just weeks after I was born. My father's name was Henry ("Sonny") Grieve, date of residence - 172 High Street, Edinburgh, at the time of my birth. I appreciate there may have been some family dispute over my birth and as a result I was denied contac with any of the family as I was brought up in the town of Dumfries, Scotland (some 70 miles from Edinburgh) As far as I am aware, my mother had two children from her marriage to a Mr McGlynn (christian name unknown) and I have no idea what the christian names of my half brother and sister are either. The only thing I know is that my mother had a younger sister named Angela Brown, who I was apparently named after. She also had a brother (again christian name unknown) who worked in Edinburgh City General Hospital for years as a Porter. I appreciate that some of these people may no longer be alive as I am now 40 years old, but if anyone out there has heard of me, or knows anything about the either the Browns or McGlynns, then please get in touch. I have two children now aged 14 and 9 and we would all like to know what the other half of our roots are. My email address is [email protected]. Thanks.