Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Philip Johnson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Philip

Philip Report 23 Dec 2006 16:32

Here's trying again! Like many of those looking for Johnson ancestors, I've reached a brickwall. So, I'm looking for ANY information on ANY of the following Johnsons from ANYONE!!! All descendants of WILLIAM JOHNSON, b. c1801, Sussex, coachman - married Mary 'unknown', b. c1803, Herefordshire. Lived in Marylebone in 1841. William and Mary had four (at least?) children. They were: 1) GEORGE THOMAS JOHNSON, b. c1827, Holborn, steam engine fitter. Married 1st) MATILDA PARKER in Lambeth in 1859 then 2nd) JANE WRIGHT (b. c1835, Wendover, Bucks) in Great Ilford, Essex, in 1863. 2) RICHARD JOHNSON, b. c1833, Marylebone. 3) MARY ANN JOHNSON, b. c1837/8, Marylebone. 4) EMMA JOHNSON, b. c1841/2, Marylebone. George Johnson and Jane Wright lived in Stratford, West Ham, and had seven children, all born in Stratford. These were: 1) LOUISA JANE JOHNSON, b. 1866. 2) GEORGE THOMAS JOHNSON, b. 1867. 3) HENRY SAMUEL JOHNSON, b. Nov 1869, railway engineer's fitter. Married EMILY JANE SCARFF (b. 1873, Combs, Suffolk) in Combs, Suffolk, in 1898. 4) FREDERICK JAMES JOHNSON, b. 1869. 5) ALFRED JOHNSON, b. 1872. 6) FLORENCE JOHNSON, b. 1875. 7) EMILY JOHNSON, b. 1878. Married a SHAW. Henry and Emily had four children. These were: 1) CHARLES SAMUEL JOHNSON, b. 1900, Stratford, West Ham. Married FRANCES DOROTHEA CORNWELL (b. 1893, Dundee) in Lincoln in 1927. 2) AUDREY JOHNSON, b. >1900. Married FRANK TAYLER. 3) DORIS JOHNSON, b. >1900. Married JOHN WHITE. 4) MAUD JOHNSON, b. >1900. Married ALBERT ENGLEFIELD. ANY information would be MUCH appreciated! Best regards, Philip (Johnson)

como

como Report 31 Jan 2015 17:23

hi philip

Jane wright b 1835 wendover was our ancestor. I only had a wedding date for them so am glad of your info. Jane was the daughter of John Wright baptised wendover 1793 mother Jane (Illegimate) he married ann Holland at weston turville in 1820 and had nine children. I have only just put a bit of the tree on Genes so you can look at it if you like

hi philp
have read your post and Jane wright was b orn in wendover in 1835 the daughter of John Wright and Ann Holland. John was the son of Jane Wright baptised 1793 at wendover (illegitimate) John and ann holland were married at weston turville in 1820. I am not sure where you fit in the Johnson family but will be glad to help you with further details. I only have a marriage date for Jane so the details you give are a great help.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 31 Jan 2015 17:42

hello Alice, I hope you can see me down here ... your post has an enormous amount of white space in it and your message duplicated :-)

Phillip who posted the original message is no longer a member here (put your mouse over the picture beside his name and you see it says '0' for number of posts, which means the account was deleted)

his message is dated 2006 ... if you click on 'Find Ancestors' on the left you will see what you have probably missed by only finding his message ... helpful tips up top for using the boards

then to find the messages you have posted here, you click 'My Threads' on the left, and use the 'Add your reply' box at the bottom to reply ... you can also start a thread of your own by clicking 'Add Topic' at the top of Find Ancestors.

ordinarily if you find an old message you can try sending the person a private message and if their email address in their account here is current they will get a notification ... but no notification is sent of messages added to threads on the boards (unless you click 'Watch This' at the top of a thread)

I will send Alice a message giving directions back here