Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Karen Theis

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 19 Jan 2003 17:03

Would like to hear from anybody with this surname as I don`t think there are many in this country and would like more history on the name

Lynda

Lynda Report 1 Aug 2009 16:47

Karen you posted a long time ago - I hope you check back from time to time.
My surname is not Theis but my grandparents were - there has been some confusion as to the spelling whether is it Theis or Thies but I have come down on the side of Theis.

I would be interested to see is our families are connected in any way - I have had very little luck in tracing the Theis side of my family but seem to think they may originate from Germany coming to London, England in the late 19th century.

Would be good to hear from you.
From
Lynda

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 1 Aug 2009 23:38

Dear Lynda

If you want to contact the poster, please click on their name and send a message directly.

The poster may not be a GR member anymore but it is worth a try.

Hope this helps

Best wishes

Anthony

Anthony Report 9 Dec 2014 12:30

Hi Lynda,
I have a connection with THEIS - my grandmother [born in England] and my great grandfather [born in Germany.
Contact me if you want.
Tony

Anthony

Anthony Report 9 Dec 2014 12:31

Hi Lynda,
I have a connection with THEIS - my grandmother [born in England] and my great grandfather [born in Germany.
Contact me if you want.
Tony

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 9 Dec 2014 12:57

hi there Anthony - Lynda posted in 2009 so unlikely to be looking for replies now - you can try to make contact with her via this site by clicking on her name to send her a message

Ann