Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Manchurian prince

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 11 Oct 2020 22:40

My husbands grandad Albert edward Diggle was a crew member on the manchurian prince. He was discharged from the ship in 1926, just wondered if anyone could tell me anything about that ship and if there's any crew lists for that period

greyghost

greyghost Report 11 Oct 2020 23:23

google for information about the ship itself and the family who founded the Prince line.

MANCHURIAN PRINCE was built in 1913 by Robert Duncan & Co. at Port Glasgow with a tonnage of 5119grt, a length of 405ft, a beam of 53ft and a service speed of 10 knots. She was completed as the Ardgair in May 1913 for Lang & Fulton’s Ardgair Steamship Co. of Glasgow and acquired by Prince Line in 1918 and renamed Manchurian Prince. In 1933 she was sold to the Continental Indies Shipping Co. of Bridgetown, Barbados and renamed Naana for management by William A. Shaw of Halifax, Nova Scotia. Two years later she was acquired by Atlantska Plovidba of Susak who changed her name to Senga. In 1946 her owners were restyled Jugoslavenska and the ship’s name was changed to Korcula. In April of the same year she was broken up at Hong Kong.

May be info re crew lists here - again found by googling
https://www.mun.ca/mha/holdings/viewcombinedcrews.php?Official_No=135324

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 12 Oct 2020 00:21

There are some New York Passenger and Crew Lists for the "Manchurian Prince" , on Ancestry - but none mention a Diggle.

They cover roughly 1918-28, as far as I can see from a quick skim through the 32 pages.