Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Downloading F.T.M 2005 to windows 10 pc

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

joysie4

joysie4 Report 14 May 2017 14:10

I tried it doesnt work but mine is a copy 2005 /also 2006 cd I dont like the 20014 version

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 May 2017 18:35

It isn't compatible I,m afraid

I have the 2005 version on xp and I bought a new laptop with windows 7 on it and the disc wouldn't load ,it kept saying there was a problem

Had to buy the 2012 version but as I had uploaded my tree to Ancestry I was able to sync it and download the tree to the 2012 version

Have upgraded now to windows 10 but the old version is still unable to load

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 May 2017 18:38

Haven't you already asked about this????

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1365491

Dea

Dea Report 14 May 2017 20:21

Well, I am an absolute 'computer numpty' as many people on here will tell you but I bought a new computer late last year with windows 10 on it and loaded my FTM 2005 programe onto it from the disc with no problems at all.

Dea x

joysie4

joysie4 Report 14 May 2017 22:19

Thank you all for the replies

Dea I managed to put it on my pc at last took a while but got there in the end thank you

joyce m :-D

Dea

Dea Report 15 May 2017 07:53

Well, I knew that if 'I' could do it then anyone could !!! ;-)

Dea x