Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New search on GRO

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrew

Andrew Report 26 Nov 2016 22:01

Anyone else having trouble with this? I've been getting error messages all day.

Andy

greyghost

greyghost Report 26 Nov 2016 22:13

Just had a go, went straight through to Search with no problems and would have let me order (so still some available at £6)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 27 Nov 2016 06:53

I have been having problems logging in
Says my email or password aren't recognised

Have done the forgotten password several times and got in with the new one sent each time only for it to be rejected the next time I try to log in

Annoying

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 27 Nov 2016 15:10

Are you supposed to use the same verification code for every order?

I was sent one about 3 weeks ago when I ordered a certificate, but I didn't keep it as I assumed I would get a new one each time I went into the site. :-( :-S

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 27 Nov 2016 16:52

I read it that you get a new one every time you want to order

I ordered a death cert last week and they wanted the verification code that Supposably I had been sent
Never been sent one as it's ages since I bought a cert and the site has changed a bit .

I haven't kept the code for any future use

:-(

Andrew

Andrew Report 27 Nov 2016 17:15

Once you are logged in you can change your password by clicking on 'My Details' in the box on the right hand side of the screen.

Andy

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 27 Nov 2016 17:37

That only changes your password, Andrew. You get the verification code after you've logged in, by email, in order to proceed further with searching or ordering or whatever.

Not quite sure why they've introduced it, apart from proving that you're who you say you are!! :-)

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 27 Nov 2016 22:03

It's called progress!! :-| :-| :-|

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 27 Nov 2016 22:24

No problem logging in, searching, or ordering.
No verification code needed.