Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

carol mason

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ronald  Arthur

Ronald Arthur Report 22 Nov 2016 00:06

i am trying to locate or find information on carol mason, born 1945 and became a mother at the tender age of 16. her baby was born on june 7th 1961, he was called karl mason, and was adopted by a family in newcastle upon tyne. there may be a connection with ashton suplies of bishop aukland. thanks for any info that can be supplied.her son is my cousin, and has a different name now.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Nov 2016 09:39

If it's the son you are looking for then you would need his new name to attempt any searches

You seem to have info on carol so what are you actually looking for ??

If her son is your cousIn then she must be a sister of one of your parents so won't you know more about the family

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 22 Nov 2016 10:37

Sorry I can't help but thought you might be interested in this item:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BISHOP-AUCKLAND-Ashton-Supply-Co-ACCOUNT-BOOKS-Used-c1970s-6-/252095945048

Kath. x

malyon

malyon Report 22 Nov 2016 21:41

as carol a middle name do you know where she was born there are a lot of carol's born 1945 do you know her parent's names

patchem

patchem Report 22 Nov 2016 22:07

Welcome to genesreunited, Ronald.

As your parents appear to have the surnames of English and Emmerson, how is Carol related to you - or are you related to Karl's father ?

Ronald  Arthur

Ronald Arthur Report 22 Nov 2016 22:42

answer to shirley, the is my cousin through adoption, it is his mother i am trying to find. his adoptive parents have now passed on and he fells free to look for his blood mother and/or any other relatives he may have. to kathleen . i have seen this item it has nothing of value to me. to patchem. u will find that explanation in the above answer, karl is now under a different name with the surname emmerson. (my uncle and aunts adoted son) he was adopted at two months old, but it took another ten months to complete the process.and lastly to maylon carol without an e and no middle name. the only conections for birth that i have are a mother and child hostel in necastle upon tyne and the fact she was working in bishop aukland at the time of the birth. there are very few matches for the single name carol mason in northumberland ,durham, and newcastle which match the date of birth most likely is from tynemouth, married to a j.d mitchell in 1966.

Andrew

Andrew Report 22 Nov 2016 23:12

You may need to spread the next wider than just local counties. I was adopted, born 500 miles from my birth mothers home.

Andy

Ronald  Arthur

Ronald Arthur Report 22 Nov 2016 23:39

i'm pretty sure this is a local adoption, it was handled by the hexham and newcastle diocesen rescue society based in jesmond newcastle.it is now st cuthberts i think.
my cousin recieved a small amount of info from them. ie. mothers maiden name and sons place of birth. ( a mother and child unit in benwell newcastle.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Nov 2016 00:35

As you already know the child, and it is he who is trying to find info about his mother, why not find his birth reg on
https://www.freebmd.org.uk/search and leave a post'em?
Say something like (birth name) would welcome contact with his birth family related to birth mother Carol Mason. Use a generic email address which would be the same regardless if he changed internet providers.

He could also add his & his birth mother's name to the adoption contact register
https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

Both suggestions are long-shots, but might work. His birth mother might have told any other children she had that they had a half sibling.

As the son now goes by a different name, there's no harm in adding his birth name to the thread. Its possible that a relative will one day come across it and want to contact him/you. To make sure they have that opportunity, make sure that you always keep your current email address registered against your GR account, even if you allow the account to lapse or change suppliers. That way people can contact you by clicking on your name.

There's been two occurances in the last week. In one, the poster was still a member & was contacted via this site.
In the other the poster had deleted their account. Luckily they had left a 6 year old internet trail which put the 2 siblings in contact with each other.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Nov 2016 07:32

Has he got his actual adoption file . He is entitled to have it and it may contain more information on his birth mothers family

patchem

patchem Report 23 Nov 2016 19:24

You have said that her most likely birth is Tynemouth - I can see no birth (in free bmd) for any Carol Mason in Tynemouth for any years around 1945.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Nov 2016 19:55

How about
1945 NORTHUMBERLAND SOUTH or
1943 DURHAM NORTHERN

Just in case she is still living, its best nor to post the full ref with mothers maiden name.

There's quite a few other's on FreeBmd in Durham E, W or C

The one born 1945 Nothumberland South has an ususual mmn - freebmd shows several births 1938-1945, Carol being the youngest.

Being only 16 when she gave birth, it was probably an experience she wants to put behind her. She may possibly never told her husband, if she married. Its a tricky situation.

patchem

patchem Report 23 Nov 2016 23:01

If she was definitely 16 on June 7th 1961, then she was born between June 8th 1944 to June 7th 1945, so registered between June quarter 1944 to September quarter 1945.
If she has no middle name, free bmd only shows one possible in the larger area (as Detective posted above).

Ronald  Arthur

Ronald Arthur Report 23 Nov 2016 23:32

i have found the one in northumberland sout with the unusual mmn, this is the one i mentioned in an earlier post. this is the tynemouth connection. someone has misunderstood earlier posts too. the adopted child b 1961 was not born in tynemouth, but in newcastle, the mothers address at the time if i have the correct mother was in tynemouth. my cousins original name before adoption, was karl mason.

Ronald  Arthur

Ronald Arthur Report 24 Nov 2016 00:26

thanks for all your help guys and girls, pretty sure i have the correct mother, just got to try and find more information about her and any other living relatives. happy hunting to all. i will keep popping back just in case more info comes up.
:-) :-)

patchem

patchem Report 24 Nov 2016 06:44

If it is the correct Carol, then the family are on several trees on Ancestry.
Several have the information that her Mother died in Tynemouth in 1946 and date of death and address for her Father (1992, Wallsend). They have quite a lot of information up to the present day on various family members, including pictures. Carol is probably showing as private in at least one tree.
Do you belong to Ancestry, if not, worth taking out a trial membership to investigate.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 24 Nov 2016 09:09

Earlier, Shirley asked if Karl had received his full adoption file. Is this the case or does the information come from the paperwork his adoptive parents kept?

Rather than attempting to contact Carol directly, might it be better to try & find one of his cousins by birth, especially if they are interested in FH? They may be able to delicately question their own mothers to find the lay of the land. If they are intrigued enough, they might be willing to undertake DNA testing. That should prove if you're on the right track.

Ancestry is usually available for free at public libraries. Once you've found the correct trees, you/Karl can send messages to the tree owners but leaving a personal email address &/or phone number.

Have a good chat with Karl and decide what he'd like to do. Although he may feel that he has a right to know his birth family, his sudden appearance could tear his mothers family apart.

Ronald  Arthur

Ronald Arthur Report 24 Nov 2016 17:18

this is why we need to find more info, no intention of buldozing in to someones life,. if we can be sure of the mother, we may be able to trace her siblings or any other children she may have had. the info already gained was from the adoption files, but there wasnt much to go on. only mothers name and olace of work, and karls name and date and place of birth.

Ronald  Arthur

Ronald Arthur Report 17 Mar 2017 10:25

many thanks for all your help folks. have found what i was looking for and contact has been made with great results. thanks again. ron.

patchem

patchem Report 17 Mar 2017 14:34

Good.

A very nice outcome.

Thank-you for updating us.