Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

British newspaper archives

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jackie

Jackie Report 20 Sep 2016 16:32

Would anyone have a subscription to The British newspaper archives that they could look up an article for me please. It is in the Bury Free press Suffolk and the article is dated Saturday 7th October 1944 and the headline is She can die no more about Mrs m Wells of Barrow. Please. I would be most grateful.
Thank you.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 20 Sep 2016 16:55

I can see the article on Findmypast but it is just a listing under "deaths".

All it says is:-

Wells - at Barrow, Maria Wells aged 78 years.

EDIT - just noticed there is also an acknowledgement which says:-

The son and daughters of the late Mrs. M. Wells of Barrow, wish to thank all friends for their kindly tokens, and Dr. Bennett for his attendance.

Kath. x

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 20 Sep 2016 16:58

(as below)

Chris :)

07 October 1944 - Bury Free Press - Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England

Barrow.
The Funeral took place of Mrs. Maria Wells (78), a well known resident, who had lived in Barrow practically all her life. The Chief Mourners were, Mr. J. Wells (son) Mrs. A. Chennery and Mrs. J. Macmahon (daughters) Mr. G. Chennery, Mr. P.T.M. Macmahon (sons in laws) Mrs. Cook and Mrs. Thompson (nieces) Mr. and Mrs. Mortlock (brother and sister in law) Mrs. Brown and Mrs. Suggate (friends). Several wreaths were sent.

Jackie

Jackie Report 20 Sep 2016 17:07

Thank you so much Kathleen and Chris for your help.