Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Find my Past lookup request please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrew

Andrew Report 4 Sep 2016 21:52

Could someone with a sub please search the Merchant Seaman records for me please.

I'm looking for anything on Richard Serle/Searl/Searle. All I know about him is that he is named as father on two marriage certs by his daughter Jane.

He occupation is shown as' Captain' on her marriage in 1875 and 'Captain in Merchant Services' when she remarried in 1885.

There are various entries in censuses and Merchant Masters records that I have access to on Ancestry, but nothing I can say for certain is my Richard. Hence the request for the FMP lookup.

I have no other info about RIchard.

Jane was born c1851 in Cork(twice) or Swansea or Bristol depending which census you look at. Her marriag ein 1875 she is Jane Searle Robinson, a widow. I cannot find any previous marriage.In 1885 she is Jane Kolter. I have all subsequent history. I can find her in all census records from 1881 to her death in 1922.

Thanks for any assistance.

lostmeboardname

lostmeboardname Report 4 Sep 2016 22:32

First name(s) Richard
Last name Searle
Rank 1st Lieut. RM
Ship or unit Ganges
Location At sea on passage to Malta
Entry year 1830
Entry date FB(01 Apr 1830)
Discharge summary Discharged
Discharge year 1831