Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Robert Henry Browne

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

gatelady

gatelady Report 28 Aug 2016 01:26

Robert was born in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, he was a religious missionary in Africa, wife is unknown, although he had 2 daughters, -Lorna Browne b 1904 Lanarkshire Scotland, she died about 1906 me thinks, or maybe 1916, and Doris Browne, Doris was born 1906 in Africa, Doris died (I know this is a fact ) in 1988, at Hemsworth at Sth Elmsall, , I do know her living family, but cos of complications, they do not know anything.

Dea

Dea Report 28 Aug 2016 08:10

You have an existing thread with lots of info which would prove useful in finding anything about this family so I am posting a link below:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1130076

Dea x

EDIT - Actually, on reading through that thread it would appear that it already contains the information you require on Robert so I think it would be best to delete this new thread and continue on the original one, adding a further request for any more specific info that you require.

Dea x

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 28 Aug 2016 09:20

Yep- seems to be answered on the previous thread- wife was Mary Elizabeth Brown- she married Robert Brown in 1904.

What factual evidence you have re Doris death, I'm not sure- as explained on previous thread death was likely 1991.

Please re read your previous thread, as the information you require is there- I also sent you the original image of Doris sister's birth from Scotlands People.

If the information supplied is not correct, please let us know why, and what facts you have.

gatelady

gatelady Report 5 Sep 2016 23:18

Ok AustinQ, this is skelketon in the cupboard, My dad Douglas Nunn
b1919, his dad amos Arthur nunn, his wife died, was Elizabeth Williams Hanson, when she died, Amos brought in a house keeper, but they had children together , much to my dad disgust, Doris (my aunt ) who I am close to , David Nunn, deceased, and Mandie Nunn, xx

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 6 Sep 2016 03:49

from 1939 Register on FMP

Nunn Household (3 People) 104 Clifford Street , Hemsworth R.D., Yorkshire (West Riding), England

First name(s) Last name(s) DOB Occupation
Amos A Nunn 18 Dec 1885 Colliery Surface Worker
Douglas Nunn 17 Mar 1919 Colliery Surface Worker
Doris Pinkney 06 Apr 1906 Unpaid Domestic Duties

There are 3 closed records between Douglas and Doris, and one more after Doris, which means people who are still living or record of their death has not yet been input.

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 6 Sep 2016 09:25

I see Doris & David's birth (mmn Brown/ Browne), but I don't see a birth for Mandie.

1911 England, Wales & Scotland Census Transcription
116 Carlton Road South Elmsall Yorkshire R S O, South Elmsall, Yorkshire, England

Amos Arthur Nunn Head Married Male Screen Labourer 25 1886 Wakefield Yorks
Elizabeth Nunn Wife Married Female - 23 1888 Wakefield Yorks
Amos Nunn Son - Male - 1 1910 Suoth Kirkby Yorks
--------------------------------------------------

Elizabeth's death:

name(s) ELIZABETH NUNN
Gender Female
Birth year 1888
Age 42
Death quarter 2
Death year 1930
District WAKEFIELD