Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can anyone help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Phil/Sarah

Phil/Sarah Report 3 Aug 2016 12:41

Hi

I am knew to the site and I am trying trace family on my fathers side ( his father/family) were estranged when he was 21 for personal reasons and I would like to reach out to them as they they have grand children and great grandchildren who are naturally inquisitive with the advent of the internet makes things a lot easier to search. I with Phil have had a modicun of success but take one step forward then we stall l am beginning to know how detectives feel :O)

I have traced his uncle Rex Hamilton Hudson his mothers brother who sadly passed away in July 2 years ago on 22/7 but I am looking for the following family

Diana Rachel Scott-Bruce believed married living in the Cayman Islands
Elizabeth Josette Scott-Bruce last known address was Eastbourne where she was married to a Cunningham

Ron Harold Scott-Bruce last known address Coventry but has subsequently moved married to Margaret nee Sanderson Firth and Caroline Scott-Bruce prior to that nee Hudson Rex sister.

Tried through various birth and marriage certificates and electoral roll but keep hitting a brick wall

If anyone can assist it would be greatly appreciated I can be reached via PM did leave one of our email addresses been advised its not allowed so have amended accordingly

I am unsure on site etiquette so I have not included to many personal details aside from names in anticipation of some help and guidance many thanks in advance

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 3 Aug 2016 15:53

Year of birth would be useful, but not actual date of birth. Also the year where you think they were last known to be.

Have you tried
- Search all members trees, top right under Search
- Facebook
- Online phone books eg http://www.thephonebook.bt.com (write, don't phone)
- if you know Diane's married surname, try Cayman Island phone books (google for online results)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 3 Aug 2016 16:16

Diana Rachel Scott-Bruce was born in 1968 (Coventry)
Elizabeth Josette Scott-Bruce was born in 1971 (Halifax)

Can't see a birth for Ron, although there is a 1988 marriage for Ronald H G Scott-Bruce in Tunbridge Wells?
Elizabeth also married in 1988 in the same reg district

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 3 Aug 2016 16:24

A bit of a long shot - Ron's last listed home was sold in Dec 2008. Try writing to the current occupier. Although they probably don't have a recent forwarding address, they may be able to put you in contact with their solicitors, who in turn might be willing to pass on a letter to the last address they have.

Have you written to the Flat in Coventry? Although the last listing for that is for 2014, if he is 'your' Ron, they may know what happened to him. He might still live there, but has opted out of the commercial ER.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 3 Aug 2016 16:33

3 children born to Elizabeth Scott-Bruce and Mr Cunningham.
1990 & 1992 in TW and 1995 in Eastbourne.

Will send by PM

One of the children has a dormant account on FB - have sent the link and suggested the poster sends a message to one of her 'friends'.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 4 Aug 2016 13:37

Welcome to the Community boards Phil/Sarah.

(I'll let Phil/Sarah know how to find their replies) :-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 4 Aug 2016 18:21

PMs sent yesterday have not yet been opened.