Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Henrietta Croft ne Farelley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 30 Mar 2016 22:03

I am absoulutly stumped with this lady and I know I have asked before, but a long time ago. She married Kane Croft in Ireland in c 1883, they moved around all over the place from Northamptonshire,Leicestershire, Scotland to Dorset and back to Ireland. I have about 50 newspaper articles mentioning Kane Croft, (he was a 2nd whipp, then 1st whip for the Hunts. I found his death in 1915 in Strabane area Ireland (LOL) under suspicious circumstances, found newspaper clippings of his inquest, either he was drunk and shot himself or the equipment he used to put down injured hounds was faulty. (we will never know the answer to that one. I know he Left her about 153 pounds and she was awarded 75 pounds in compensation from his employers (but where the hell did she go after 1915. she was born around 1866 give or take 4 years in Kells Co. Meath Ireland. and I think her fathers name was stephen (not positive on fathers name). Any help would be appreciated. I have been looking at my Kane Croft for about 9 years and only after 1911 census did I find him in Ireland. How a child born in Northamptonshire can end up in a Workhouse then scotland, get married in Ireland, back in england in Dorset and then in Ireland makes you realise what life must have been like. Any help at all would be appreciated on my Henrietta, If I can help anyone at all with searches , please feel free to ask. Thankyou all in advance

safc

safc Report 30 Mar 2016 22:12

Surname Forename Age Sex Relation to head Religion Birthplace Occupation Literacy Irish Language Marital Status Specified Illnesses Years Married Children Born Children Living
Croft Kane 49 Male Head of Family Church of England Arthing Worth England Kells Whipperin Muskerry Shop Club Both Read and write - Married - 22 - -
Croft Henrietta 38 Female Wife Church of England Co Meath - Both Read and write - Married - 22 - -
Report any error in transcription

safc

safc Report 30 Mar 2016 22:18

1901 England, Wales & Scotland Census Transcription
The Kennels, Village, Bere Regis, Wareham, Dorset, England

Learn more
Print transcription View image
Household Members
First name(s) Last name Relationship Marital status Gender Age Birth year Occupation Birth place
James Brierley Head Married Male 40 1861 Stud Groom Rochdale, Lancashire, England
Transcription
Rosann Brierley Wife Married Female 39 1862 - Rochdale, Lancashire, England
Transcription
Rachel Brierley Daughter - Female 9 1892 - Thorpe Green, Yorkshire, England
Transcription
Fred Brierley Son - Male 4 1897 - Bere Regis, Dorset, England
Transcription
Sydney Miller Boarder Single Male 21 1880 Second Horseman Bere Regis, Dorset, England
Transcription
William Andrews Head Married Male 26 1875 Kennel Man Swanage, Dorset, England
Transcription
Florence Andrews Wife Married Female 23 1878 - Blandford, Dorset, England
Transcription
Ada Andrews Daughter - Female 0 1901 - Bere Regis, Dorset, England
Transcription
Sarah Andrews Mother Widow Female 63 1838 - Dorset, England
Transcription
Harvey Cheeseman Boarder Single Male 20 1881 Stable Man Cerne Abbas, Dorset, England
Transcription
Fred Smith Boarder Single Male 20 1881 Whipper In Hill Croome, Worcestershire, England
Transcription
Kane Croft Head Married Male 42 1859 Huntsman Arthingworth, Northamptonshire, England
Transcription
Henrietta Croft Wife Married Female 30 1871 - Ireland

Maddie

Maddie Report 31 Mar 2016 11:12

Henrietta Croft

in the Web: Ireland, Census, 1911

Report issue

Name: Henrietta Croft
Birth Year: abt 1873
Relation to Head: Wife
Residence Date: 2 Apr 1911
Townland/Street: Rathonoane
District: Cannaway
County: Cork
Household Members:
Name Age
Kane Croft 49
Henrietta Croft 38
URL:

This record is not from Ancestry and will open in a new window. You may need to search for the record when the web page opens. For more information on web records, click here.

You will need to log-in or register to save this record to your tree.
Cancel

Maddie

Maddie Report 31 Mar 2016 11:26

Name: Henrietta Croft
Estimated birth year: abt 1868
Relation: Wife
Spouse's Name: Kane Croft
Where born: Kell Co Meathe, Ireland
Civil Parish: Knipton
Ecclesiastical parish: Knipton
Town: Knipton
County/Island: Leicestershire
Street address:

Condition as to marriage:

Education:

Employment status:

View image
Registration district: Grantham
ED, institution, or vessel: 20
Neighbors: View others on page
Piece: 2583
Folio: 36
Page Number: 11
Household Members:
Name Age
Kane Croft 34
Henrietta Croft 23
Cancel

Mary

Mary Report 31 Mar 2016 16:28

Thank you all for the replies. I do have this census information, my problem is trying to locate her after her husband died in 1915. Nothing showing for her in irish records on Find my past, suppose I will just have to keep looking lol xxxx Many thanks again

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 31 Mar 2016 17:40

Have you found her birth record?

In censuses her YOB is anything between 1868 and 1873.
A more accurate YOB might be helpful in locating her.

EDIT:
Ah, no, I see you say she was born "around 1866" - so that's different again!

mgnv

mgnv Report 1 Apr 2016 21:38

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FY7G-QTL
Name Kane Croft
Event Type Marriage
Event Date Jul - Sep 1883
Event Place Kells, Ireland
Registration Quarter and Year Jul - Sep 1883
Registration District Kells
Volume Number 2
Page Number 699

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FY7G-JWY
Name Henrietta Farrelly
Event Type Marriage
Event Date Jul - Sep 1883
Registration Quarter and Year Jul - Sep 1883
Volume Number 2
Page Number 699

===================

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FY5C-6ZJ
Name Henrietta Farrelly
Event Type Birth
Event Date 1866
Registration Quarter and Year 1866
Volume Number 12
Page Number 826

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FRKM-JNR
Name Kane Croft
Event Type Death
Event Date Jan - Mar 1915
Event Place Strabane, Ireland
Registration Quarter and Year Jan - Mar 1915
Registration District Strabane
Age 55
Birth Year (Estimated) 1860
Volume Number 2
Page Number 306

Strabane RD straddled the Donegal-Tyrone border - if he were rego'ed in the Tyrone part pre-1921, you can buy his d.cert from either Ireland.

By law, information from English/Welsh registrars can only be released in the form of BMD certificates.
Although having a formal cert makes life easier if you're wanting to get a passport, or get a body buried, or etc, it really is overkill for genealogical purposes.
The rest of the UK (and former UK) allow one to purchase "uncertified" images of their registers at a discounted price. These images might be sent by email.
[This is useful if you're needing an older Irish cert. It's cheaper still if you've gotten the above ref info from the civil index. For purchase, see
http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Apply-for-Certificates.aspx
If you purchase with a credit card, the credit card company wil handle the euro conversion.]