Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hythe

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Simon P

Simon P Report 22 Mar 2016 20:59

I'm trying to find any information on Eileen Hythe I have very little info no date of birth or Marriage and death all I have is her name her husband was Arnold I know when she died she was living in Shelly Yorkshire as of yet I cannot find any info on them if you can help I would be grateful
Cheers

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 Mar 2016 21:20

Welcome to the board Simon, when did she die? the decade will do just to have some idea of where to look. :-)

Simon P

Simon P Report 22 Mar 2016 21:31

Sorry I do not know I will have to have another talk with my family to see if I can find more info I have been told she was the niece of a Kathleen Davis b 1913 Kathleen's married name was Hodgetts I've had no luck there either so I do not know I think Kathleen was born in the West Midlands so maybe Eileen and Arnold where
Thanks for trying to help

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 Mar 2016 21:31

Is Hythe her maiden name or her married name?

we do need information!

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 Mar 2016 21:34

Probably....?

Marriages Jun 1936 (>99%)

Davis Kathleen M Hodgetts Rowley R. 6b 2452
Hodgetts George D Davis Rowley R 6b

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 Mar 2016 21:38

Births Jun 1913 (>99%)

Davis Kathleen M Grosvenor Wolverhampton 6b 1107
a number of of potential siblings so one of them could be Eileen's parent...on the other hand might be a niece by marriage...

Andrew

Andrew Report 22 Mar 2016 21:40

There is Arnold Lythe marrying Eileen L B Bradley in Hudderfield reg district in 1956. Eileen dies in 2005, also in Huddersfield. Shelley comes under Huddersfield district.

Andy

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 Mar 2016 21:41

oh well done Andy :-) sounds reasonable, there certainly are very few Hythes around.

Simon P

Simon P Report 22 Mar 2016 21:44

Hythe is her married name I have been on the phone to my family and no more info yet except Eileens maiden may have been Evans Sorry I cannot be any clearer but this is all the info I have I will keep everyone updated if I find any more

Simon P

Simon P Report 22 Mar 2016 21:48

Just seen Andy's reply It looks interesting now I'm wondering if I've been given wrong spelling of there name

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 Mar 2016 21:52

If it is Lythe the probate record can be seen if you search this site

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills

LYTHE EILEEN LAURA BLANCHE 04 May 2005 1816291 30 January 2005 Grant and will Leeds

Andrew

Andrew Report 22 Mar 2016 22:33

A tree on Ancestry gives her birth as Eileen J B Bradley In Aston 1915. Parents Alfred Charles Bradley and Henrietta Grosvenor, which ties in with Rambling Roses find.

The image for her birth is unclear, but could be an L rather than a J.

Andy

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 Mar 2016 22:40

1911 England, Wales & Scotland Census Transcription
11 Cornwall St Birmingham, Birmingham, Warwickshire, England

Alfred Charles Bradley Head Married Male Clerk To Chartired Accountant 40 1871 Deptford Kent Transcription
Henrietta Bradley Wife Married Female Caretaker To Chartired Accountant 33 1878 Codsall Staffordshire Transcription
Doris Bradley Daughter - Female - 7 1904 Nechells Birmingham Warwickshire

another daughter , but I'm not seeing Eileen?

Births Mar 1912 (>99%)
Bradley Marjorie H F Grosvenor Birmingham 6d 307

Simon P

Simon P Report 22 Mar 2016 22:44

Thank you all for your help I will now be able to continue :-D