Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help find ann green

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 29 Jan 2016 11:33

can any one find ann green and solve my problem , my 2nd gr grandmother ann green married in 1845 at stockton to william hutchinson on the marriage certificate her age is 26yr i have her in 1851 census age 30yr living thornaby , 1861 census age 40yr living byker , 1871 , widow age 59yr then a cross through it and amended with 50yr living at byker on all of these census her birth is just scotland , on the marriage her fathers name is robt green occuption tailor , on the birth of her child eliza 1858 born newcastle mothers maiden name as greener , on her other daughters birth born sarah 1847 stockton mothers maiden name myers , on her sons birth 1851 stockton mother maiden name green both sarah and john birth have same abbode and all have same father william and same occupation a potter as on her marriage cerificate they were both potter,s can any one solve this and can anyone find her in 1841 census as i can not and also can any one find her real age and her parents any help is appreciarted i forgot to say on her death certificate in 1874 has her age as 53 and died at byker

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 29 Jan 2016 12:11

Baptism
County Yorkshire, North Riding
Place Thornaby-on-Tees
Church name St Peter Ad Vincula
Register type Parish Register
Register entry number 157
Baptism date 14 Nov 1847
Person forename Sarah Ann
Person sex F
Person abode Thornaby
Father forename William
Father surname HUTCHINSON
Father occupation Potter
Mother forename Ann

Births Dec 1847 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------
HUTCHINSON Sarah Ann Stockton 24 250

(is that the Cert. you have?)

Chris :)

(more relating on below)

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1351006?d=asc

Linda

Linda Report 29 Jan 2016 12:21

yes that is the one

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 29 Jan 2016 15:56

Linda Report 6 Apr 2015 11:47

her fathers name as robt green which im summising was robert ,, ann was born scotland on all the census ,

(so with just above to go on, and just Scotland as Birthplace, no easy task perhaps!...what occupation was given for him?, ArgyllGran is useful for Scotland, lol, looks like she tried too.

Chris :)

edits (just seen below, from other)

marriage 1845 age 26 father robt green tailor