Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birth and death look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥ Report 21 Jan 2016 22:40

Hi, i am trying to help someone find a record for their brother that died at birth. His name was Christopher Downs and he was born around 1952/53 and died a day or 2 after. The parents were called Ronald Downs and Patricia Howell and they married in 1951 and come from Kettering Northamptonshire. I have taken a look but can not find any record for them but was hoping someone on here might find something. Thanks for any help in advance

malyon

malyon Report 21 Jan 2016 23:25

hi there is a birth in 1959 for gary j in kettering

malyon

malyon Report 21 Jan 2016 23:47

the mothers name is horrell on the marriage in kettering i think its spelt wrong

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 22 Jan 2016 00:28

I can't find a birth or a death on Findmypast with the details you give. Are you sure that the baby survived for a couple of days or could it have been a still birth? If so you won't find the record in the general indexes.

Kath. x

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥ Report 22 Jan 2016 08:09

Hi Maylon, Gary is the person i'm looking for it is his brother that died and i found that marriage too thanks with the wrong spelling. Kathleen, That is the details i have been given, he was in touch with an uncle that said he lived a couple of days but his mum and dad are now no longer alive so there is not much info he can get but it's possible maybe he has been given wrong information. I couldn't find anything either with different spellings as well but thought maybe someone else could find something. Thanks for your help

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 22 Jan 2016 13:48

on that 1851 marriage both the index for Ronald and Patricia say Horrell so not a transcription error from BT's to the index. Freebmd has the name correctly transcribed from the indices

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥ Report 22 Jan 2016 18:05

thanks Ann