Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Finding relatives in Irish Cemeteries

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jackie

Jackie Report 21 Jan 2016 08:20

I wonder if anyone can help. I'd like to know how I can find relatives buried in Irish cemeteries. I have a relative Nannie Mccleery who I know was buried in the Protestant part of St Patrick's Cemetery in Dundalk Co Louth in 1896 just after the cemetery was opened. I would like to find if her husband John( died 1912 ish I think ) is buried there and also if there are any other Mccleerys particularly their son Francis.
I have looked at many sites but have been unable to find any. Any help would be great. Thanks
Jackie

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 21 Jan 2016 08:37

Gins Report 1 Apr 2013 12:54

A possible death for John

Ireland, Civil Registration Deaths Index, 1864-1958
Name: John McCleery
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1823
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1912
Death Age: 89
Registration district: Belfast
Death Country: Ireland
Volume: 1
Page: 287
FHL Film Number: 0101605

(above on below)

http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1322410?d=asc

Chris :)

Jackie

Jackie Report 21 Jan 2016 10:53

Thanks for this. I had already found this but my problem is getting access to records for St Patricks Cemetery. Have you any idea where I can go for help? Thanks

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 21 Jan 2016 11:45

An internet search brings up a contact as [email protected] although it might be for the site it was found on. No harm in trying.

You could also search or post on Billiions of Graves.
https://billiongraves.com/cemetery/Dowdallshill-Saint-Patrick-Cemetery/184089