Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1935 Bangor, Down, Ireland Birth look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ian

Ian Report 13 Oct 2015 14:53

Hi I am trying to find some family details my problem is I only have the christian names of the person I am looking for.
I know this search is going to be very hard to do.

Name was Alfred George ------ born 15th Sept 1935 Bangor, County Down, Ireland
Believed his parents were never married sorry don't even have their names.
Alfred went on to be adopted as a baby he married 1962 and died 1996 no details of his birth name on any of these cert's.

regards
Ian

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 13 Oct 2015 15:21

Ian, can I ask if all this took place in Ireland, and if you are a relative? This info will help members to advise you.
In England, laws have changed I believe, so relatives other than the adopted person can now access adoption files. No idea about Ireland though!
Jan

Ian

Ian Report 13 Oct 2015 15:26

Yes Alfred George was adoption into the Clyde family mid 1950's in Bangor, Ireland.
Alfred George Clyde died in England.
Alfred George Clyde was my friends father. We are trying to find details for his natural born grandparents.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 13 Oct 2015 20:50

Well, UK rules have definitely changed to allow relatves to access an adoptees records. County Down is in Northern Ireland, so the same might apply?
If nobody else can advise, maybe your friend vould ask advice from Baaf (just google). Or contact. General Register Office for Northern Ireland, email [email protected] tel 028 9151 3101
They will be able to advise you.
Jan

Ian

Ian Report 13 Oct 2015 20:53

Would anyone know where the adoption records are kept for the Bangor County Down area.
In main land UK you can now get access to adoption records does this include Northern Ireland?

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 13 Oct 2015 20:53

Another suggestion is to attempt to track down Clyde relatives in Ireland - family might have some info.