Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

family unknown

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 5 Sep 2015 17:19

This photo has been in our family photos for years but sadly non of the family recognise anyone,is there someone on Genes reunited who have a link to them,I hope so and maybe I will find a family tie to you ,please get in touch with me if anyone out there knowns anyone on here,it will be lovely to put names to faces and hopefully family .

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/asset/edit/18389741

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Sep 2015 17:51

As the older man has a button hole, could it have been taken at a wedding? Have you tried to date the clothes to get an idea of the decade/year?

Although you've asked 'family' you may have to try to trace relatives of relatives. We have inherited photos of brother in laws siblings. Thankfully it was in the era when they signed studio photos they were giving away.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 5 Sep 2015 20:00

As the young girl is wearing 1940s coat probally home made or utility with only 3 buttons and no buckle,,,,was anyone billited with them? there are shed and houses in the background so may have been taken in a garden.perhaps they were family neighbours?

Sandra

Sandra Report 6 Sep 2015 21:03

I have asked all family members who are still living but they don't recognise anyone ,as most of our family were from Scunthorpe and Grimsby I have also posted the photo on their facebook history and memories pages last week,I thought the background looked a little like the gardens of the club my granddad had,and my mam and dad had there wedding reception there in 1942 but not positive looking at the wedding photo of mam and dad in the Garden although it looks similar,,so possibly as you said kay maybe family friends,I was only 4 years old when my mother sadly died at the age of 28 , I did send the photo to her brother in Australia a couple of years ago ,he was 89 then, and he did not recognise anyoneHe died last year,.Hopefully I may get a link from someone .it would be lovely if they are relatives somewhere down the line.I have just had a look at the back of the photo DetEcTive and found a stamp saying SELO ,I am going to see if I can find where the photographer was from now ,hopefully narrow down a town where it was taken,let you know if I have any luck.
Just looked up SELO it is the name of the film used part of the firm ILFORD

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 6 Sep 2015 22:12

it definitely looks 40's to me