Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Beckett Street Cemetery Leeds & Leeds Newspapers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Nottsgirl

Nottsgirl Report 5 Sep 2015 14:46

Hi,

Anyone with access to Beckett Cemetery Grave records and Newspapers for 1907 please.

My great grandfather George Henry King hanged himself abt 28 March 1907 (that was the day he was found) inquest was held on same day would like to know if reported in newspapers and what it said.
I found his burial on Ancestry at Beckett Street Cemetery on 31 March 1907 grave number 25284 would anyone be able to access the grave register to see who else is in the grave please.

Thank you for any help given on this.

Wendy

Gee

Gee Report 5 Sep 2015 14:52

Here's an extract

Yorkshire Evening Post West Yorkshire, England

28 Mar 1907

A DAUGHTER S GRUESOME DISCOVERY AT

DISCOVERY AT BURMAXTOPTB. George Henry King, aged 58, shoemaker, of Argyle View, Burmantofut. was found hanging from tho bannisters hie home this afternoon. ilia daughter made the sad discovery when she returned home dinner. King had keen out work DISPUTE

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 5 Sep 2015 14:56

From 28 March 1907 - Yorkshire Evening Post

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/asset/details/18387193

Nottsgirl

Nottsgirl Report 5 Sep 2015 15:02

Wow Gins & Marie thank you soooooooooo much that brilliant it was so sad family story was it he couldn't live without his wife who died the year before.

Again that you.

Wendy

Nottsgirl

Nottsgirl Report 6 Sep 2015 14:23

Hi

I now have George Henry's grave records.

Thank you for all your help.

Wendy