Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mary Ida Isabella Murray, b. 17 JUL 08 (Donegal)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

William John

William John Report 26 Aug 2015 10:34

I am looking for any information beyond 1911 that would potentially help me find distant relatives.

She is the eldest daughter of my gr grandfather John "Jack" Murray and hence older sister of my grandfather William John.

She was born in Casheltown, Co. Donegal, Ireland on 17 JUL 1908 and listed as resident of Killybegs, Donegal, Ireland on 2 APR 1911 (age 2).

Her mother was Lucy McCloskey.

At some point she must have moved to England (no specifics known, i.e. no city or such), married there and had children. That is all I know about her. I think she preferred to be called "Ida" or "Ada" rather than Mary.

Any help is greatly appreciated (residency, marriage, children, death, etc.)

Kind regards

William John

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 26 Aug 2015 10:43

Welcome to the boards, William John.

When you say "information beyond 1911", do you mean AFTER or BEFORE 1911?

Or just any information at all ?!

William John

William John Report 26 Aug 2015 10:45

I am referring to information after 1911

malyon

malyon Report 26 Aug 2015 10:46

t5here are a lot of mary i murray marriages in uk so would be hard to find her

William John

William John Report 26 Aug 2015 11:20

I will see if I can get more information from a relative in Ireland, perhaps at least a city name in the UK, but that might take a while.

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 26 Aug 2015 11:58

William John...What makes you think she "must" have moved to England ?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 26 Aug 2015 12:00

Just add to the end of this thread when you come back with more, WJ, rather than starting another.

William John

William John Report 26 Aug 2015 12:23

Will do, I will pick up this thread again once I have (hopefully) gathered more information.

Thanks

William