Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ellen Pattullo 1900

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

sheilafromdownunder

sheilafromdownunder Report 19 Jul 2015 23:19

I would like to find out some missing facts on her life . What I know is ,Ellen Pattullo was born in Liverpool in 1900 & married Johannus Bergis Jenson Born in The Netherlands in 1895 & died in Sandusky Ohio In 1929
They married in 1929

Can you please find for me if they had children & when Ellen died

Thank you :-)

Andrew

Andrew Report 20 Jul 2015 00:13

For ref only

Surname First name(s) Spouse District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Jun 1929 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jansen Johannus B Pattullo Liverpool 8b 409
Pattullo Ellen Jansen Liverpool 8b 409

Andy

Andrew

Andrew Report 20 Jul 2015 00:18

Appears to have remarried

Name:
William L Statters
Spouse Surname:Jansen Or Pattulo (Ellen)
Date of Registration:Apr-May-Jun 1947
Registration district:Liverpool
Inferred County:Lancashire
Volume Number:10d
Page Number:1171

Andy

Andrew

Andrew Report 20 Jul 2015 00:21

Her death?

Deaths Mar 1953 (>99%)

STATTERS Ellen 52 Liverpool S. 10d 575

Andy

sheilafromdownunder

sheilafromdownunder Report 20 Jul 2015 00:27

Thank you . well that's a turn up for the books Andrew . I must away and see. I do hope Great Aunt Ellen was not a bigamist lol But if so Hay ho!!!!!!!!
:-)

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 20 Jul 2015 00:48

are you sure that he died in Ohio the same year he married?

the entry 'Jansen Or Pattulo' would almost always mean she was divorced

it might mean that she was 'legally' Jansen as being the widow of Jansen but had reverted to her own name after his death, possibly, I suppose

someone here at GR has Ellen in their tree, are you in contact?

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 20 Jul 2015 00:50

your previous thread about Mr Jansen in which his name is spelt correctly :-)

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/trying_to_find/jansen/thread/1259619

sheilafromdownunder

sheilafromdownunder Report 20 Jul 2015 01:15

Other then applying from Johanns's death certificate ,yes Joonie we are as sure as can be. He was a sailor so it did not surprise us , OH remembers some of the Aunts comments about it ,. So I thought that I would find out to close this branch of the Patullo.

sheilafromdownunder

sheilafromdownunder Report 20 Jul 2015 01:38

Would I be "pressing my luck" to ask .Did Johannus Bergis Janson marries in the USA as he was 90 with he died , And according to family he was a " Ladies Man" so I can't see him on his own Thank you Again. I don't have access to the US documents

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 20 Jul 2015 05:56

I think the problem here is in your first post

'Johannus Bergis Jenson Born in The Netherlands in 1895 & died in Sandusky Ohio In 1929'

if he was 90 when he died he didn't die in 1929 :-)

90 would make it 1985?

so it looks as if there was a divorce at some point before Ellen's remarriage

also, the spelling really does seem to be JANSEN not Jenson or Janson, and spelling really does count for names

I don't see a record of his death at familysearch.org for instance (it has Ohio death indexes for the right period), or a marriage

There are very few Pattullo events in Liverpool, likely one family ... there were two Pattullo-Pattullo births just before that 1929 marriage ... might they be related to Ellen?

sheilafromdownunder

sheilafromdownunder Report 20 Jul 2015 06:04

Thank you Joonie I'll call it a day . tI was in the to hard basket anyway and has now just surfaced, so back it goes .

sheilafromdownunder

sheilafromdownunder Report 20 Jul 2015 06:06

You were right the 1929 date was the date of his marriage to Ellen. Sorry if I sent you on a wild goose chase x

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 20 Jul 2015 06:12

Ah, an Ancestry tree links to:

Johanne B Janssen in the Ohio, Deaths, 1908-1932, 1938-2007
Name: Johanne B Janssen (so much for spelling :-) )
Birth Date: 1894
Race: White
Residence Place: Sandusky, Erie, Ohio, United States
Death Date: 15 Jan 1984
Hospital of Death: Firelands Community Hospital
Death Place: Sandusky, Erie, Ohio, USA
Certificate: 002163
Age at Death: 90
Certifier: Physician
Autopsy: Yes, used for certification
Social Security Number: 302-66-6696
Marital Status: Married

and finally familysearch finds it for me

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VKYT-22Y

but there is no image available either place

ah but Ancestry gives a link for ordering a copy of the obituary - have you done that? it would probably name family members

http://index.rbhayes.org/hayes/index/record_detail.asp?id=202508

sheilafromdownunder

sheilafromdownunder Report 20 Jul 2015 07:00

No I haven't but will try Thanks

sheilafromdownunder

sheilafromdownunder Report 20 Jul 2015 07:18

I have been on the ebhayes web page. I may just do it as I now no for fact that he was NOT devoiced form Aunt Ellen as it was against her religion but I would not contact them as they may not like the idea

Sheila xox

sheilafromdownunder

sheilafromdownunder Report 20 Jul 2015 08:11

Hi I have just requested Johnannus Obit: from the Rutherford centre and it will only cost $3 US: and they'll post it is me here in OZ . I reckon that's a good deal

Thanks again

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 20 Jul 2015 08:31

Sheila, divorce being against Ellen's religion would not have been a bar to *Johannes* obtaining a divorce especially in another country :-)

one would think that bigamy would be against her religion too! so I think you will find if you get her second marriage certificate that she is identified as 'divorced'

that really is what the format 'Smith or Jones' for a woman in the marriage index means

(a widow who remarries is normally identified only by her first married surname)

if divorce was against her religion then one would think remarrying after divorce would be too of course, but I suppose it was better than living in sin :-)

that is a good deal for the obit copy and I hope it tells you something interesting about his life!

sheilafromdownunder

sheilafromdownunder Report 20 Jul 2015 22:32

Sorry for not answering before Joonie, Time zones can be a bad thing ,but thank you for the time you have spent & advise you have given .

Sheila

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 20 Jul 2015 23:05

I know time zones, no prob! will be interesting to see what the obit says.

(and you don't have to answer again now :-) )