Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gypsy Lane Sleaford

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Tracker

Tracker Report 3 Jul 2015 21:00

hi
Is anyone able to find out for me who lived at 2 Gypsy Lane Sleaford Lincs in 1903
Many thanks

alviegal

alviegal Report 3 Jul 2015 21:12

Old thread connected to this

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1244027

Tracker

Tracker Report 3 Jul 2015 21:20

hi I am aware of this thread I have birth certificate for a Grandmother but I know the house 2 Gypsy Lane was owned by another family member in 1903 when she was born there so trying to follow up the family member owning the house at that time whom her mother was living with in 1903 as opposed to 1911
thanks

alviegal

alviegal Report 3 Jul 2015 21:30

Sorry was just giving some background to the query :-)

I see No 2 was unoccupied in 1901 but no way to see who was in it in 1903.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 3 Jul 2015 21:37

In a word............no.

Remember how limited the Electoral franchise was in that era

Can't actually quite work out what you're trying to prove...............

Tracker

Tracker Report 3 Jul 2015 21:38

I believe as I have seen a date on this house built 1902

Tracker

Tracker Report 3 Jul 2015 21:41

Trying to find who great Grand parents were living with as we know they were family and this will give us another avenue to follow thanks for trying

alviegal

alviegal Report 3 Jul 2015 21:42

In 1901, Thomas Beckett was in No1, no2 was unoccupied, no 3 were the Edgsons. All 12 houses apart from 2 and 7 were occupied.

Who were your great grandparents?

Tracker

Tracker Report 3 Jul 2015 21:45

Edith and Charles Cooper grandmother born at no 2 was Emily Agustina Cooper bron september 1903 Edith Cooper maiden name was Beckett so maybe Thomas Beckett is the relevant person was he alone?

alviegal

alviegal Report 3 Jul 2015 21:47

Here he is.

1901 England, Wales & Scotland Census Transcription
1, Gipsy Lane, Sleaford, Quarrington, Lincolnshire, England

Learn more
Print transcription View image
Household Members
First name(s) Last name Relationship Marital status Gender Age Birth year Occupation Birth place
Thomas Beckett Head Widower Male 44 1857 Journeyman Bricklayer Sleaford, Lincolnshire, England
Transcription
Elizabeth Beckett Daughter Single Female 16 1885 Tailoress Sleaford, Lincolnshire, England
Transcription
Edith Beckett Daughter Single Female 14 1887 - Sleaford, Lincolnshire, England
Transcription
Richard Asher Father-In-Law Widower Male 77 1824 Stonemason Cranwell, Lincolnshire, England

Tracker

Tracker Report 3 Jul 2015 21:51

Ah Edith is there aged 14 we knew her Mother Augustina died when she was young so she had Emily at her fathers House
Thankyou very much for this x

alviegal

alviegal Report 3 Jul 2015 21:52

Is this Edith in 1891? And Elizabeth? Why has their father changed his name?

1891 England, Wales & Scotland Census Transcription
Jermyn Street, New Sleaford, Sleaford, Lincolnshire, England

Learn more
Print transcription View image
Household Members
First name(s) Last name Relationship Marital status Gender Age Birth year Occupation Birth place
Francis Beckett Head Married Male 34 1857 Bricklayer Sleaford, Lincolnshire, England
Transcription
Augustina Beckett Wife Married Female 32 1859 - Sleaford, Lincolnshire, England
Transcription
Rose Ellen Beckett Daughter - Female 15 1876 Scholar Sleaford, Lincolnshire, England
Transcription
Minnie Beckett Daughter - Female 11 1880 Scholar Sleaford, Lincolnshire, England
Transcription
Francis E Beckett Son - Male 8 1883 Scholar Sleaford, Lincolnshire, England
Transcription
>>Elizabeth A Beckett Daughter - Female 6 1885 Scholar Sleaford, Lincolnshire, England
Transcription
>>Edith Beckett Daughter - Female 4 1887 - Sleaford, Lincolnshire, England

Tracker

Tracker Report 3 Jul 2015 21:59

Yes this is what has thrown us but we found that some census does have anomalies with the names and his father was frank Asher as he took his mothers name Anne Beckett the Great Great Grandmother living in Jermyn Street was from Romanys I think as they built the houses they used the name Gypsy Lane for the street initially then it was later changed