Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP! STUMPED.....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maxine

Maxine Report 13 Jun 2015 13:55

Hello, im new to this but my brother told me there are many good souls willing to help, of which i would be so grateful. Im trying to trace my fathers cousin, who might be the only person alive who might know who his father was. Her name was June Allan Dawson and was believed to have moved to canada in the late 50s early 60s. My fathers name is Alfred andrew wheatly dawson born in sterling in 1943 and lived at sauchie clackmannashire. She was a couple of years older, I cant find any trace of her, but have lots of info if anyone is willing to help.......Thankyou Maxine.

Gee

Gee Report 13 Jun 2015 14:08

Hi Maxine

Do you know anything more about June, parents, siblings, spouse, where she was born?

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 13 Jun 2015 16:47

I take it you mean your father was born in Stirling. Where was June Allan Dawson born please? There is no matching birth that I can see on Scotlandspeople.

Maxine

Maxine Report 13 Jun 2015 17:15

Hi I've done all the normal searches to no avail...her parents were called Fraser dawson and daisy Allan.

greyghost

greyghost Report 13 Jun 2015 17:42

There is this marriage showing on Scotland's People. Daisy is a common nickname for Margaret. I actually searched a much wider year range, narrowing down gradually. There was only the one Fraser Dawson to an Allan from 1900 to 1950

Your SR Marriages Search Returns
You searched for: Male Surname: "DAWSON"; Male Surname Option: Exact; Male Forename: "FRASER"; Male Forename Option: Prefix; Female Surname: "ALLAN"; Female Surname Option: Exact; Female Forename: ""; Female Forename Option: Prefix; Year From: 1935; Year To: 1945;

Refine your search

Jump to page: of 1 (1 records)
No Year Surname(M) Forename(M) Surname(F) Forename(F) District City/County/MR GROSData
1 1938 DAWSON FRASER ALLAN MARGARET HAZELD CLACKMANNAN /CLACKMANNAN 466/00 0006

As it is over 75 years ago you could look at and download the certificate from the site - buy credits at £7 for 30. Would cost you 6 credits in total - 1 for above info and another 5 to view

Clackmannanshire is a historic county and council area in Scotland, bordering the council areas of Stirling, Fife and Perth & Kinross

There is a June Dawson b 1941 and one in 1945 in Glasgow. No image available as under 100 years ago

HeyJudeB4Beatles

HeyJudeB4Beatles Report 13 Jun 2015 17:47

I'll pm that marriage....

Jude