Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gedcom

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

joysie4

joysie4 Report 30 May 2015 15:01

How do I add a new gedcom to G.R please
I have found out how todo this now which I wont do I will add and take away relations

my original tree is downloading all the time is there a problem with genes reunited today as Ive never seen this before not that I use it much now

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 30 May 2015 16:21

This link will tell you how to import a gedcom to GR. do remember that it will over-write your existing one.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/help/faqs?key=448

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 30 May 2015 16:25

Go to your ACCOUNT page.........and look at the menu on the left hand side

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 30 May 2015 16:47

Gedcoms don't always load correctly. It might be best if ask support for help. They'll probably be out of the office until Monday.

[email protected].

joysie4

joysie4 Report 30 May 2015 17:24

Thank you detective I will ask G.R for advice

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 30 May 2015 23:21

Importing gedcoms is seldom wholly successful. It's a procedure which is beset with problems, especially, it would appear, on this site.

Editing one's tree manually is the best way to ensure accuracy

joysie4

joysie4 Report 3 Jun 2015 09:31

I emailed G.R for advice before changing to a new gedcom they said they would sort the problem out for me

joysie4

joysie4 Report 24 Jun 2015 10:00

I have tried to import a new family tree gedcom and it doesnt work its a different name to the first one I did years ago

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 28 Jun 2015 21:33

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1352972

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 29 Jun 2015 21:51

Contact [email protected] for advice.

Explain clearly to them what you want to do and what problems you have encountered.

It sounds as if it's a different problem to the one you had before.