Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Holland Family From Southern Ireland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Holland

Holland Report 17 May 2015 16:15

Hi im looking for My Grandfathers Family.His name was Kyran Holland born in 1904,Dillon Street Clonmel.His parents were Philip Holland born 1879c and Elizabeth(nee O Sullivan born in 1881.Siblins were Mary Bidget Holland bonn1902 and died in 1933,Anne Christina Holland 1906,Patrick Joesph Holland 1908and Josephine Holland?1910.Can any one help please.One of the Sisters became a Nun in I believe a closed order.
Many thanks.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 17 May 2015 16:34

Duplicate posting:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1352049

Please delete this one, to avoid people spending time on duplicate research.

I've posted a reply on the other thread.

Holland

Holland Report 23 May 2015 20:23

I have had another word with my Mum who has found my Grandfathers Baptisim cert.Kyran Holland was Baptised on 26th June 1904 in Saint Peter and Pauls Church,Clonmel.He was Baptised by Rev P.Doocey???..The sponsers were called Peter Hayes and Ellen Slattery.Another possible lead is that my Mum thinks my Grandfathers Brother Patrick Joseph Holland lived and farmed in the GALTEE Mountains and possibly married someone called Elizabeth,surname unknown.Also one of Kyran and Patricks Sister may have lived in O Connor/O Connal street in Dublin.I never realised how many names were repeated through the Family!!!

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 23 May 2015 23:10

Holland -

Please keep everything on your other thread, to keep it all together, to save duplicate research.

I've copied your post above to the other thread:
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1352049?jump=1352049