Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Derek Williams

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Apr 2015 16:51

looking for info on my uncle who left home in the late 1940s, he was born 11/01/1933, fathers name Ernest Williams, mothers maiden name Nellie Gallier, he was born in Wensfield Wolverhampton, but lived in Willenhall. we know he has passed away but would love to hear from any of his family as never meet any of them. Or if any one knows where and when he died, or who and when he married that would help us greatly. Christine Williams :-)

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 16 Apr 2015 16:57

You must know more about him if you know he has passed away?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 16 Apr 2015 17:16

how do you now he has passed away??

If you have an idea of when you maybe able to get his death cert for the informants details,who could be family

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 16 Apr 2015 17:25

there is no death for him on FMP...unless he died before 3rd qtr 1969

If he died after 2007, there won't be any online record

Did he attend the funerals of his parents?

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Apr 2015 21:31

We know he passed away as the police inform my nan/grandad in the 1970s that he had committed suicide, but after he left home he only returned once in the late 60s to tell them he was married. It's his family we are looking for :-)

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 16 Apr 2015 22:10

There is no death record for him in the 1970's on Ancestry, nor on ScotlandsPeople, with that specific DOB..

Are you absolutely sure it was the 70's?
There is this death:

Derek Williams
in the England & Wales, Death Index, 1916-2007
Name: Derek Williams
Birth Date: abt 1933
Date of Registration: Mar 1966
Age at Death: 33
Registration district: Kensington
Inferred County: London
Volume: 5c
Page: 830

Unfortunately, as his is not an uncommon name, and you don't know where he was living after he left home (do you?), it's impossible to know which of the many marriages of people called Derek Williams might be his.

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Apr 2015 06:52

That is the problem we are having, his mom/dad never really talked about him, I was young at the time. Don't know where or when things happened. The only other thing is that he was in the army, ( medical corp ) we think!

Dea

Dea Report 17 Apr 2015 09:09

Trees on Ancestry suggest he died in 1980 - I will see if any of them have more info but the ones I have looked at up to now give no further details.

Dea x

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 17 Apr 2015 09:16

When did your grandparents die?

Dea

Dea Report 17 Apr 2015 09:20

One of the trees, which gives no evidence or details to back it up, suggests a marriage for him in Wolverhampton, September Q. 1954 and 2 children.

Dea x

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 17 Apr 2015 09:21

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1343986

AND a previous one which had been deleted

Dea

Dea Report 17 Apr 2015 09:30

Thank you Jacqueline - I will stop wasting my time looking for info she already has then!

Dea x

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 17 Apr 2015 09:35

FMP alerted me to the fact that I had accessed Nellie Gallier's records on a previous occasion............

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Apr 2015 11:47

He died before his parents, as the police inform them of his suicide, both his parents are now dead, father died in about 1982' mother in 2008

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Apr 2015 13:34

Just a musing thought wouldn't the police have notified his next of kin ie any wife and for her to pass on the sad information rather than to inform directly his parents ???

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 17 Apr 2015 13:51

On the OTHER thread, it was pointed out that someone has him in her GR tree.

Christine did not react to that

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Apr 2015 16:22

I'm lost on this, don't know what I'm doing, help!

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 17 Apr 2015 16:30

Hello Christine.

What you perhaps need to do, is to click Search at the top right of the page and then click on Search All Members Trees. Put Derek's details into the search box (don't be TOO specific - allow a leeway in years). This will show you the others who have him in their tree. You then have the opportunity to contact that member to see what they know.

You only need to post one thread on the subject because it is the same people who do the helping on all of the boards. :-)

Always try and answer the questions put to you because that helps people to search a little further and keep an eye out for further replies.

Good luck.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 18 Apr 2015 09:22

Christine

You need to look at your other thread...simply click on the blue script on my earlier post.