Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Nellie Eliza Bushell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anna

Anna Report 5 Mar 2015 14:22

Hi would anyone be able to tell me im looking to see if Nellie Eliza Bushell was buried in & around the Chatham area. How can i find out this information? I know she died in Q 2 of 1969 in the Chatham area. Can anyone help plesse.
Regards
Anna

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 5 Mar 2015 14:49

Have you checked to see if anyone has her in their tree?
Also, if you live in the area you might try looking for notices in local papers. These should be available in the nearest archives centre for the area.
If that fails, might it help if you got the death cert to see who registered it?
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 5 Mar 2015 15:02

Just to add, if she was born Nellie Eliza Dimond then there seems to be one child to the marriage.
You do not say how much you know about her?
Jan

Anna

Anna Report 5 Mar 2015 15:24

Hi sorry i do know she had a daughter Audrey who sadly passed in October last year. Unfortunately Audreys children didnt know if their grandmother Nellie was buried or cremated & we are trying to find out as they would like to put her ashes with her. I hope this is ok to post. Thank you for your help so far.

Pam

Pam Report 5 Mar 2015 15:44

If you know where Nellie died, you could contact the local council to ask if they can tell you where she is buried.

Anna

Anna Report 5 Mar 2015 17:26

Thank you Pam we will try them in the morn. Regards Anna

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Mar 2015 21:31

The local council is very good with burial/cremation records

I was looking for a family connection in Canada whose father was a home child to Canada and was connected to my dads family

His grandma was buried in an unmarked grave in a Rochester Kent Cemetery and by giving Medway Council Parks and Cemeteries dept a ring they were able to give me her burial date and the Row and Plot nos and even marked it out for me to go and view to take photos ,which I did and I passed it on to her grandson .

Sadly his dad had passed away years before not knowing where his mum and siblings were .other than a sister he was able to meet up with in Canada as she too was a home child sent after he was .

SO give the Medway Council a ring

Anna

Anna Report 5 Mar 2015 23:00

Thank you Shirley thats good to hear,so fingers crossed they will be able to help us. Regards Anna :-)