Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ernest Hartill 1936-2010 Southport

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mark

Mark Report 21 Feb 2015 14:50

The above man is related to me through my great grandmothers mother.

I have found through an obituary in the paper he was married to Pat, and had the following children... Denise, Debbie, Steven. I have been unable to determine which Pat he is connected to as I have found two but no birth connection to Basil..

Thanks

Rambling

Rambling Report 21 Feb 2015 15:12

Who is Basil?

Mark

Mark Report 21 Feb 2015 15:13

I believe he may be a son on reading the obit...

Rambling

Rambling Report 21 Feb 2015 15:15

ah right, well I am guessing that the marriage in 1958 Southport is the one? Spouse Patricia is listed under two surnames so probably married previously.

Catherine

Catherine Report 21 Feb 2015 15:16

There is a Steven T. Hartill with mmn Wilson, but can't see a birth for Denise and Debbie?

Who is Basil?

malyon

malyon Report 21 Feb 2015 15:19

there4 is a patricia wilson marriage to hartill

Mark

Mark Report 21 Feb 2015 15:19

Rambling Rose asked same question I answered - believe he may be a son on reading the obit...

Rambling

Rambling Report 21 Feb 2015 15:24

Mark I have only checked one marriage so far, but I think at least one of those named 'children' in the obit ( which I have looked at) is actually Ernest's daughter-in law rather than his own child.

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 21 Feb 2015 15:25

I can't find the obit but found a first anniversary memorial with no mention of Basil.

I know that this sounds a bit stupid but could "Basil" be a family pet?

Mark

Mark Report 21 Feb 2015 15:28

;) I never thought of that people do include family pets. not a stupid suggestion at all - Thanks

Rambling

Rambling Report 21 Feb 2015 15:30

I think getting the marriage cert for Ernest and Patricia would be a good idea, some of the children named may be hers ( or his?) from a previous marriage?

Mark

Mark Report 21 Feb 2015 15:31

I have just made contact with a family member so I shall wait a while and if no reply get the cert... Many thanks

Mark

Mark Report 21 Feb 2015 15:40

time out at the library sorry folks

Rambling

Rambling Report 21 Feb 2015 16:32

Good luck with the contact Mark.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 21 Feb 2015 23:09

http://www.192.com/atoz/people/hartill/ernest/wv5/2081124176/

http://www.192.com/atoz/people/hartill/ernest/pr8/3549872320/

should answer some questions

the more recent listing can be seen in greater detail here

http://www.freeelectoralroll.co.uk/

but it may only be valid to 2007

... assuming that what you want is to be in touch with family members (and not just post their info on the net)?