Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help Needed

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Las95

Las95 Report 16 Feb 2015 16:26

Hi,
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, sorry if it's in the wrong place.

On Thursday i will be going to a church to look at the records, my husband spoke to the vicar earlier and it's all arranged.
My problem is what do i give as a reasonable donation. as i really don;t know what to give, we are not made of money, but i don't want to look like we are being really tight and ungrateful.
I live in Ireland so this would be in Euro, if anyone could give me some guidance that would be great.
Thanks so much
Lorna

malyon

malyon Report 16 Feb 2015 16:30

hi
just give what you can afford i would give 10 euros

Las95

Las95 Report 16 Feb 2015 16:34

Thanks Yvonne, I was thinking about €20 as there will be a few family members,
but i just wasn't sure if this would be enough. The Vicar even said he might be able to do copies, so still not sure if €20 is enough.

Gee

Gee Report 16 Feb 2015 16:47

If you consider the cost of s BMD certificate and compare (Ire) each find with that, maybe you could pay a %

Eng/Wales certs are £9.25. If you tell the vicar that's what you'll give as a donation, he might be more proactive in helping you!

malyon

malyon Report 16 Feb 2015 17:06

hi
if you are happy with what records you find you might be happy to give a bit more

Las95

Las95 Report 16 Feb 2015 17:15

Ok thanks you Yvonne and Gins, this has helped me out.
Thank you so much.
Lorna