Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William HUNT father of Henry HUNT chr 1793, Kent

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue

Sue Report 16 Feb 2015 03:02

Henry HUNT was christened in Kent around 1793.

It looks like Henry had at least two siblings - namely, George HUNT chr 13 May 1795 and a sister, Ann HUNT who was buried around 1 July 1799 at All Saints, Maidstone, Kent. I don't have a birth or christening date for her but it rather sounds like she died as an infant.

Henry's father was William HUNT - no other details known except that he too was a carpenter - Henry's mum was possibly a Jane ??

In 1810 Henry was apprenticed as a carpenter. He married Ann SPICER on 25 May 1817 in Boxley, Kent and he died ? and was buried around 25 June 1823 in Maidstone, Kent. He lived "opposite the gaol wall" according to his burial record.

His 3 sons were Henry, chr 25 May 1816; Edward chr 17 April 1818 and Charles chr 25 Jan 1820.

There was a rumour that the HUNTs came from Northern Ireland but that has never been proved (yet) and no one seems to know for sure.

Seeing as I have hit the wall with William, I am wondering whether he, in fact, may have come from N Ireland.

Also, what is William's wife's name, date of birth/marriage/death.and come to that, William's date of birth/death.

Anyone able to throw light on these people would have my undying gratitude.

Cheers,

Sue from NZ

Leangel

Leangel Report 17 Feb 2015 13:00

Dear Sue, There is very little known about my aunty ELSIE HUNT b1903. Believed to have been born HIDDEN where her mother (unknown) was staying. Elsie married my uncle,THOMAS MUNDAY b 1906. They had two sons.
C. MUNDAY b 29-6-1924 married PEGGY
T. MUNDAY b-9-7-1936 ' ' MARY

I have hit the wall all around with ELSIE but least replying to you might help
me. Please reply by thread. message board. hope some I can help you some way eventually Thank you

Catherine

Catherine Report 17 Feb 2015 14:03

If this is Ann........................:-

Name: Ann Hunt
Christening Date: 28 Jun 1799
Christening Place: All Saints Parish, Maidstone, Kent, England
Father's Name: William Hunt
Mother's Name: Jane Hunt
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: I04953-4 , System Origin: England-EASy , GS Film number: 1736877 , Reference ID: Item 1

......then there may be other siblings?

Name: Bassile Hunt
Christening Date: 11 Mar 1787
Christening Place: All Saints, Maidstone, Kent, England
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: I04953-2 , System Origin: England-EASy , GS Film number: 1736877 , Reference ID: Item 1

Name: William Hunt
Christening Date: 07 Nov 1790
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: I04953-3 , System Origin: England-EASy , GS Film number: 1736877 , Reference ID: Item 1

Name: William Hunt
Christening Date: 23 Dec 1792
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: I04953-3 , System Origin: England-EASy , GS Film number: 1736877 , Reference ID: Item 1

BeverleyW

BeverleyW Report 17 Feb 2015 14:09

I'm not sure where Irene's family fit into the original query :-S
Irene, you would be better off starting a thread of your own about your Hunt/Mundays.

Catherine

Catherine Report 17 Feb 2015 14:11

Looks like Basil died young too:-

Name: Basil
Burial Date: 09 Apr 1797
Burial Place: Maidstone
Mother's Name: Jane
Reference ID: BK1/DCB/BT1/152/880 , Indexing Project (Batch) Number: B05315-3 , System Origin: England-EASy , GS Film number: 1736877

Catherine

Catherine Report 17 Feb 2015 14:14

May also be relevant?

Name: Mary Hunt
Burial Date: 20 Apr 1786
Burial Place: All Saints, Maidstone, Kent, England
Reference ID: Item 1 , Indexing Project (Batch) Number: I04953-2 , System Origin: England-EASy , GS Film number: 1736877

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 17 Feb 2015 14:37

Just realized that I was responding to Irene's query and I shouldn't have, this is Sue's thread. I will therefore delete my responses. As you say, Beverley, Irene should start her own thread.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 17 Feb 2015 20:23

As both Sue and Irene are new posters, I will message them both...... :-)

Sue

Sue Report 18 Feb 2015 04:12

Thank you everyone - there are some very likely suspects amongst that lot.

malyon

malyon Report 18 Feb 2015 19:19

Ann
England Deaths and Burials
Name: Ann
Burial Date: 01 Jul 1799
Burial Place: Maidstone
Mother's Name: Jane