Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with John Stewart Keys

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 13 Feb 2015 11:33

My grandfather, John Stewart Keys, was born c1894, I have his death certificate and he died 11/12/1959 in Belfast, certificate states age last birthday was 65. I am sure he was born in Belfast or at least N Ireland. He was married to Annie Talbot (1897 - Kilarney) and I have good evidence for her.

I can find nothing for J S Keys from any census or BMD. He and Annie had five children, Victoria, Elizabeth, Victor I, John T and Kathleen, all born Belfast.

Any assistance will be very much appreciated. :-)

Maddie

Maddie Report 13 Feb 2015 11:41

???????

John Stuart Keys
Ireland, Civil Registration Indexes
Name: John Stuart Keys
Event Type: Birth
Event Date: Apr - Jun 1894
Event Place: Enniskillen, Ireland
Registration Quarter and Year: Apr - Jun 1894
Registration District: Enniskillen
Volume Number: 2
Page Number: 62
GS Film number: 101065 , Digital Folder Number: 004193979 , Image Number: 00124

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 13 Feb 2015 11:48

Where did you look, John?

Irish censuses are on a separate, free, website

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/

Census Years1911FermanaghLaraghDrumkeenResidents of a house
Residents of a house 4 in Drumkeen (Laragh, Fermanagh)

Surname Forename Age Sex Relation to head Religion
Keys Charles 66 Male Head of Family Methodist
Keys Margaret 63 Female Wife Methodist
Keys Eliza Jane 35 Female Daughter Methodist
Keys Henery 33 Male Son Methodist
Keys Charles 24 Male Son Methodist
Keys John Steward 17 Male Son Methodist

Census Years1901FermanaghLaraghDrumkeenResidents of a house
Residents of a house 5 in Drumkeen (Laragh, Fermanagh)

Surname Forename Age Sex Relation to head ReligionBirthplace Occupation Literacy Irish Language Marital Status Specified Illnesses
Keys Charles 57 Male Head of Family Methodist Co Fermanagh Farmer Read and write - Married -
Keys Margaret 52 Female Wife Methodist Co Fermanagh - Read and write - Married -
Keys Eliza Jane 30 Female Daughter Methodist Co Fermanagh Farmer's Daughter Read and write - Not Married -
Keys Henry 26 Male Son Methodist Co Fermanagh Farmer's Son Read and write - Not Married -
Keys Emma 12 Female Daughter Methodist Co Fermanagh Scholar Read and write - Not Married -
Keys John Stuart 7 Male Son Methodist Co Fermanagh Scholar Read and write - Not Married

Rambling

Rambling Report 13 Feb 2015 12:01

I'm assuming it is your tree on Ancestry John, and that since adding it you have revised John's DOB?

His age given at death may only be as the informant knew, so are you certain that his age is correct?

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 13 Feb 2015 15:18

?????????

Name: Annie Talbot
Event Type: Birth
Event Date: Jul - Sep 1897
Event Place: Mountbellew, Ireland
Registration Quarter and Year: Jul - Sep 1897
Registration District: Mountbellew
Volume Number: 4
Page Number: 297

GS Film number: 101066 , Digital Folder Number: 004193980 , Image Number: 00564

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 14 Feb 2015 11:50

Hello John and welcome to the Community boards.

(I'll let John know how to find his replies) :-)

John

John Report 14 Feb 2015 13:36

Thanks to everybody for your posts. I had some incorrect information that was causing me to disregard the Keys entries for Fermanagh. My grandfather was the John Stuart (1894) within census 1901&1911. I have now been able to pull a lot more facts together - so thanks.

:-)