Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

david moore and veronica harvey marriage

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 31 Jan 2015 20:15

Hi all
was wondering if anyone could help, im looking for info on the marriage of David Moore and veronica Harvey married in the essex area of maldon in march 1948..

cant seem to find any thing out
any info would be great
thanks
Lorraine :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 31 Jan 2015 20:24

To get any more than that you will have to purchase the cert from the GRO using the page and volume numbers which are available on freebmd.org.uk

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 31 Jan 2015 20:27

hi rambling rose

thanks for your reply.
is there any other way of finding out even their dates of birth ? as i don't even know that and cant find any records of their birth

lostmeboardname

lostmeboardname Report 31 Jan 2015 20:28

HI

i have looked through the England marriages,but cant find any for the couple you have named.
Sorry
Jan

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 31 Jan 2015 20:31

hi Jan

.. i am 100% sure of the names and date of marriage but thanks for looking anyway

Lorraine

Rambling

Rambling Report 31 Jan 2015 20:32

Being cautious because they may be living, unless you know otherwise?

Veronica has a middle initial M, there are two possible births 1929/30 showing on freebmd, (neither is in Essex) but you would need her age and father's name from the marriage cert to confirm if either birth is hers.

Rambling

Rambling Report 31 Jan 2015 20:33

The marriage is on Freebmd.org.uk

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 31 Jan 2015 20:36

thanks everyone for your replies

ill look into it further

:-D

Travelman

Travelman Report 31 Jan 2015 20:36

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/record?recordid=bmd%2fm%2f1948%2f1%2faz%2f000989%2f054

I guess this is the marriage

Rambling

Rambling Report 31 Jan 2015 20:38

You can't view that link unless you have a sub that includes it Travelman, otherwise it will cost 5 credits...which is a waste when it is on freebmd.org.uk

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 31 Jan 2015 21:40

The only way to get the info on ages fathers name etc is to splash out and buy the cert
First name(s) DAVID
Last name MOORE
Marriage quarter 1
Marriage year 1948
Registration month -
MarriageFinderâ„¢ DAVID MOORE married
VERONICA M HARVEY
Spouse's last name HARVEY
District MALDON
District number -
County Essex
Country England
Volume 4A
Page 139

Only posted because married in the 1940,s would most probably be born in the 1920's so likely passed away by now

You can look for any children on FreeBMD using their surname combination

malyon

malyon Report 31 Jan 2015 23:23

i found the marriage and it is veronica m harvey there are only 2 veronica m harvey's in england born to match marriage age in malden essex one in dartford kent 1929 and one in stepney 1930 which could be the one
the other 6 are all after 1940 till 1952

malyon

malyon Report 31 Jan 2015 23:28

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 1 Feb 2015 06:39

thank you everyone for your help .. this has been really helpful xx :-D

malyon

malyon Report 1 Feb 2015 13:38

looks like they had 5 children

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 1 Feb 2015 14:38

Harvey seems to a surname associated with Maldon Essex .probably other areas too!!

Just an observation my Harvey family came from there and several married into the Chaney Family they resided Maldon .Heybridge Basin .Downham etc

We went to Heybridge Basin some years ago after visiting the Chelmsford records office for parish records

Very pretty area , i spoke to the local lock keeper there and he said if you are related to Chaney and Harvey then you are related to them all !!

The last Chaney who was in his 90,s then had just gone into an OAP home . sorry I missed him as probably family

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 2 Feb 2015 16:13

yvonne
how did you find out how many children they had? and could i please have the info on them if you have it

would be wonderful

thank you
Lorraine

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 2 Feb 2015 16:42

Lorraine

Look on FreeBMD. Using the surname combination from the marriage year onwards

Maldon registration district