Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

william cobb 1805

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

malyon

malyon Report 10 Jan 2015 12:14

hi
help needed to find the births of william cobb's parents nathanel cobb married dinah his mother i have looked for marriage for them but no luck i cant see their births william their son was born in clifton hampden oxfordshire if any one could please help thank you

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 10 Jan 2015 12:21

A tree on Ancestry says that his parents were Nathaniel Cobb & Dinah Fuller who married 10 Oct. 1799, St. Michaels and All Angels, Clifton, Hampden, Oxfordshire.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Jan 2015 12:21

Have you tried Family Search site ?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Jan 2015 12:25

more children from Family Search site

Child: Richard Cobb
Other information in the record of Richard Cobb
from England Births and Christenings
Name: Richard Cobb
Christening Date: 1801
Christening Place: CLIFTON HAMPDEN,OXFORD,ENGLAND
Father's Name: Nathaniel Cobb
Mother's Name: Dinah
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C04725-1 , System Origin: England-ODM , GS Film number: 95232

Name: Mary Cobb
Christening Date: 30 Oct 1803
Father's Name: Nathanl. Cobb
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C04725-1 , System Origin: England-ODM , GS Film number: 95232

and William
Name: William Cobb
Christening Date: 27 Oct 1805
Father's Name: Nathanl. Cobb

its not finding their marriage though

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 10 Jan 2015 12:28

The same tree says that Nathaniel was born 1765, Newington, Oxfordshire and died 20 Dec. 1833, Clifton, son of John Cobb & Mary Davis.

Dinah was born 1770, no place given and died 17 May 1833, Clifton.

Son William born 27 Oct. 1805.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 10 Jan 2015 12:37

Another tree on Ancestry says that the John Cobb who married Mary Davis was the son of Thomas Cobb & Mary Greenway. This tree has the will of Thomas Cobb which reads as follows:

"Transcription of text in document

This is the last will and testament of Mr. Thomas COBB, of Newington in the county of Oxford, yeoman, being somewhat infirm, but of sound and perfect memory and understanding promises to God. First I bequeath all my household goods to my daughter Mary, wife of William Spawting/ Hawting, [married 1765 at St Giles Church, Newington] all my money bills mortgages and debts and the amounts owing after all the rest of my personal estate whatsoever and whatsoever not before disposed and given and bequeathed to my two sons Thomas and John COBB, and to my said daughter the wife of William Hawting, there executors administrators and assigns to all parties and divided between them. And also make my said two sons, Thomas and John joint executors of my last will."

malyon

malyon Report 10 Jan 2015 12:52

hi marge
sorry
you have found the marriage for them william married hannah seymour in berkshire 1827 now looking for her parents
thank you for your help

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 10 Jan 2015 13:24

Will of Nathaniel from Ancestry tree:

"1834 Will of Nathaniel Cobb, Victualler, Clifton Hampden, Oxfordshire made 24 September 1834. I give to my son Richard COBB, of Brightwell in the county of Oxford, Carpenter (chair maker), my clock. I give to my son William COBB of Watlington in the county of Oxford, Carpenter & Joiner, my watch, corner cupboard, china and earthware I give the remainder of my estate to my two sons Richard COBB, and William COBB to be equally divided between them. I'll also appoint them to be joint executors of my will. Probate date 15 Dec 1835"

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 23 Feb 2015 09:54

Connected

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1349613