Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Helper Reggie

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ru

Ru Report 23 Dec 2014 09:12

Just want to say - miss you heaps and wish you could return.

Happy Christmas and New Year and come back in 2015.

Kind regards,
Sappho

Rambling

Rambling Report 23 Dec 2014 10:27

Reggie helped me when I first came on here, by suggesting that gt gt may have been married twice, to 'Annies' who had appeared in all census but with different ages. That led to a lot of interesting discoveries. I hope I have 'passed on' the favour by now :-) .

I am sure Reggie will read this even if not able to reply :-) Happy Christmas Reggie!

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 23 Dec 2014 11:34

Best wishes from me, too, Reggie!

We have a slight link. As Reggie knows, a sister of one of my gr-grandfathers married a similarly distant relative of Reggie's.

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 23 Dec 2014 13:42

I would also like to see Reggie back on the boards.

If you are looking in Reggie, all the best to you, would love to see you back here,have missed you.

Joan / Amokavid

jax

jax Report 23 Dec 2014 14:40

Maybe of interest :-D

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1342822

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 23 Dec 2014 15:38

I miss Reggie too - always so helpful

Ru

Ru Report 25 Dec 2014 04:36

I just wanted to wish Reggie a Happy Christmas and asked that Reggie returns. I do not question anything about him and any comments made by Reggie through threads were nothing that could not be handled.

I hope we can just leave it at that - this was a simple greeting and request.

Kind regards and Best Wishes to you all.

Sappho

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 25 Dec 2014 09:12

and who is the idiot who reported this posting - and why FGS!!!!!!

Ru

Ru Report 25 Dec 2014 09:49

Not sure, but have sent to them to ask why as I just do not understand where there may be offence. Oh dear sincerely sorry for anything that was done to offend.

Thanks Ann I did need reassurance on this.

Just off to bed - had a lovely Christmas Day in NZ 25 degrees and sunshine.

Have a lovely day all of you.

Sappho

Rambling

Rambling Report 25 Dec 2014 11:04

Surprised to see that this has been reported, and saddened to see that the Christmas spirit of goodwill was absent.

It's true we all have different ways of responding on here ( and Reggie is not the only 'abrupt' one.... I am sure we could all pick out posts where someone has been less than generous in their politeness or compassion or at least has SEEMED so because of how they have phrased something ).

Happy Christmas to all, because which of us knows what the other may be dealing with in private? :-)

jax

jax Report 25 Dec 2014 13:05

Obvious who reported it in my opinion ....will say No more though :-D